On an afternoon when neither starting pitcher seemed to have any interest in going deep, Jesus Montero certainly did, connecting for his first career home run in the fifth — a tie-breaking shot to right field that would also end up being the difference in the game — and a two-run shot in [...]
Alex Rodriguez hit two home runs off James Shields, and the Yankee offense finally broke through the five-run ceiling it had been operating under for much of the last few weeks, beating the Rays 6-2 to snap a six-game losing streak.
Ivan Nova was decent, only giving up [...]
It only took until the 154th game of the season for Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira to finally go deep in the same game for the first time this year. And if that weren’t enough, both sluggers hit two home runs apiece, which is probably the first time [...]
The Yankees have played nine games at Tropicana Field this season and have averaged 4.2 runs per game. The Yankees have played six games against the Rays at home this season and have scored 6.5 runs per game. Caveats about hitters’/pitchers’ parks, small samples and a given team’s home/road splits [...]
Fueled by five home runs — including three from Alex Rodriguez, marking the first time he’s had a three home run-game since April 26, 2005, against the Angels — the Yankees beat the Royals 8-3 last night.
Phil Hughes had a solid outing, holding the Royals [...]
Though not quite on par with last year’s eight-game winning streak, the 2010 Yankees have acquitted themselves quite nicely since coming out of the All-Star Break, going 6-3 over their last nine games.
Filling in for the injured Andy Pettitte, Sergio Mitre was horrendous, digging the Yankees an early hole from the get-go en route to a 7-4 loss. Though the team made a few valiant attempts to dig themselves out, it’s pretty hard to win [...]
The Yankees took a 1-0 lead against Felix Hernandez into the bottom of the 8th inning in Seattle. Unfortunately, for the second time this month Joba Chamberlain was not up to the challenge of holding the lead for Mariano Rivera. He recorded only one out before loading the bases and giving [...]
CC Sabathia‘s pretty good at this whole pitching thing, huh?
Alex Rodriguez ain’t too shabby at hitting, either.
CC continued the string of flat-out dominating performances he began in June, hurling seven and two-thirds innings of one-run ball while scattering seven hits and striking out a season-high 10 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees