Last week, Ken Rosenthal published a fascinating article on how the Moneyball philosophy continues to impact the game. One prominent passage discussed Brian Cashman’s efforts to implement changes to keep pace with the Red Sox:
The Yankees, a perennial post-season qualifier, also held low draft positions. When Cashman secured more power before the 2006 [...]
Last night, my fiancée and I went and saw Moneyball. As we entered the theater, the first thing I noticed was that place was completely packed — even the neck-breaker section waaaaay down in the front (fortunately we were able to grab some decent seats!). This was surprising to [...]
[image title="Moneyball" size="full" id="24842" align="center" linkto="full" ]Mike Axisa at River Ave Blues wrote a great post yesterday about one of Cashman’s comments at his talk with Josh Norris:
In an article from ESPN about Billy Beane and the Moneyball concept, Brian Cashman shines with a number of interesting quotes, including the following (h/t NSI):
“Essentially, the decision-maker needs to have a very successful management team that exposes him to all sides,” Cashman says. “I think you have to have a team that scouts, [...]
The Rays have decided that the best way to use their limited resources is to ditch their usual advanced scout and replace him with digital information. While some traditionalists may balk at their decision, in a world where a team doesn’t have an unlimited supply of money, this seems like a great choice. The [...]
An interesting article for your mental digestion, Yankee fans, by the great Peter Gammons on “Falling back in love with defense” showing that baseball people and fans alike are slowly coming back to the point where defense is now being valued nearly as much as offense.
One GM even goes so far as to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees