Pick 118, Jordan Cote, RHP, Winnisquam HS, NH
With a good 6’5”, 205 lbs frame, Cote sits 88-90 with his fastball while touching 92. With good projection, scouts think his velocity will peak as he pitches in some better weather. He has a clean arm but his mechanics will need to be refined [...]
We’ve got some great coverage planned here at TYA for this year’s amateur draft. We’ll have live chats going while teams are picking, and will quickly provide information and analysis about the Yankee draft picks. Starting at 7 pm, join us here for a live chat. We’ll have a 30-40 new potential Yankees to talk [...]
The first round of the MLB rule 4 draft begins tonight at 7. Sometime around 10:30 or 11, the Yankees should be on the clock with the 51st selection in the draft, awarded to them when Javier Vazquez did not accept arbitration as a type B free agent. The past few weeks I’ve previewed [...]
Tonight begins the first “day” of the Major League Baseball Draft. The Yankees, as we know, don’t have a pick until 51st overall. Here are all the players taken at #51 since the draft started. As you can see, only a handful mad the Major Leagues:
1965, Angels: RHP Dick Baney. It appears Baney [...]
This draft class is strongest when it comes to pitching. So far we’ve looked at outfielders, corner infielders and catchers, middle infielders and some local prospects. Today we’ll look at some pitching prospects that could be available for the Yankees to take at #51.
This is just my opinion, but I [...]
Sorry to double up on you guys, but here’s some more draft coverage stuff. The Yankees usually like to take a few local guys at some point during the draft, so let’s take a look at what New Jersey, New York and Connecticut have to offer this year.
Aside from UConn [...]
Many players drafted at SS eventually move off the position, usually to 2nd. Especially in high school, many teams stick their best player or athlete at SS although in a professional sense, they’re not likely to play there. Here are some prospects likely to be available in the supplemental round.
Brandon Martin, SS, Corona Santiago [...]
Two weeks ago, I asked whether the Yankees should consider drafting dropping right-hander Anthony Ranaudo with their first round pick. Poor performance and injury issues forced a player who was once the presumptive #2 pick down most draft boards, and many had Ranaudo dropping out of the first round. In fact, Keith Law left [...]
Frankie Piliere chimed in yesterday with an intriguing tweet that caught the eye of many Yankees fans interested in the draft:
Yankees fans I hesitate to say this. I know u too well. But multiple sources say very good shot Ranaudo falls to NYY ala Brackman
The question is whether the Yankees have any [...]
I was discussing hockey with a friend of mine, and an interesting point came up. Here is a chart of the top 10 scorers in the National Hockey League, and their draft position.
Rank Name Draft Position 1 Alex Ovechkin 1st Overall 2 Henrik Sedin 2nd Overall 3 Sidney Crosby 1st Overall 4 Nicklas Backstrom 4th Overall 5 Joe [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees