Having won the first series of the seasons, the Yankees now turn their attention to the Minnesota Twins. Normally there isn’t much to be gleaned from the first few series’ of the season, but for the Twins it’s a bit different. The Yankees have owned the Twins the past few seasons. Don’t be surprised if [...]
Admittedly it feels a bit goofy to subtitle a series preview for the second series of the season “Gardenhire’s revenge,” but I imagine the Twins wouldn’t mind kicking the Yankees to the curb this week after yet another ALDS sweep back in October.
I previewed the Twins a few weeks ago, and concluded that [...]
Yesterday, the Twins announced that Kevin Slowey would begin the season in the bullpen serving as a longman, and various reports suggested that Slowey can be obtained for relief help. This prompted Dave Cameron of Fangraphs to say the following:
This guy ranks 56th in ERA among starters (again, 400 [...]
Note: For previous Yankee Analyst 2011 team previews, click here.
The 2010 Minnesota Twins opened their beautiful new stadium with a bang, hitting (.334 wOBA, third-best team mark in the AL) and pitching (3.91 staff FIP, second-best mark in the AL) their way to the third-best record in the American League (94-68) and second [...]
Fifth and penultimate post in the series.
In 2008 and 2009, the A.L. Central produced a one game playoff. 2010 saw a more uneventful finish to the season, as the Twins won the division easily, besting the White Sox by [...]
As usual, RAB beat me to the punch on this as I was in the middle of pulling together the stats, but I still wanted to take a look at how the individual numbers of the players from each side that saw action in the Yankees-Twins ALDS.
Obviously a [...]
So that Phil Hughes kid can pitch a little bit, eh?
Phil was everything the Yankees could’ve hoped for and more in his first career postseason start and the Yankees’ 6-1 American League Division Series Game 3 clinching victory, tossing seven shutout [...]
The Minnesota Twins really might want to think about letting the Yankees score first one of these postseason games. The Yankees beat the Twins 5-2 in Minnesota to take a commanding 2-0 lead in the 2010 American League Division Series, marking not only their eighth straight win against the [...]
Francisco Liriano was in total control through the first five innings of the first game of the 2010 ALDS, and the three runs the Twins scored for him on a Michael Cuddyer two-run home run and the heads-up baserunning of Orlando Hudson felt like plenty, as Liriano [...]
Welcome to the fourth and final installment of Yankeeist’s 2010 ALDS Series Preview, in which we’ll be taking a look at a few specific factors that could influence how the series plays out. In case you missed parts 1, 2 and 3, please click on the following:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees