This winter, both the Yankees and the Red Sox added new center fielders to their respective rosters. Of course, the Yankees traded for Detroit’s Curtis Granderson, who is primarily known for his speed, power, and potential, while the Red Sox inked the accomplished veteran, Mike Cameron, in the hopes that his stellar [...]
The recent moves by the Yanks and Red Sox have roster and trade implications for both teams. Lets take a minute and examine the potential fallout from each team’s perspective.
Yankees-Curtis Granderson: By adding Granderson’s bat, it greatly lessened the need for the Yanks to bring back Johnny Damon. That’s why Brian Cashman has a [...]
The Blue Jays, Phillies and Mariners are close to agreeing to a three-team deal that has Roy Halladay heading to the Philadelphia, Cliff Lee going to Seattle and a boatload of prospects suddenly in need of the Dollars-to-Loonies exchange rate. No one seems entirely [...]
-The power has shifted in the AL West race, and fairly dramatically. Cliff Lee going to Seattle and Lackey leaving the Angels for Boston is a big swing in Seattle’s direction. Seattle now boasts arguably the best 1-2 punch in all of Baseball with Lee-Hernandez atop their rotation, and will therefore be extremely dangerous should [...]
With the Yankees apparently closing in on a deal to acquire All-Star center fielder Curtis Granderson from the Tigers, the question becomes: What will the Yankees do next to complete their outfield. As I see it, they have 4 realistic options.
1) Sign Mike Cameron to play LF, have Melky move to right, and have [...]
From Will Carroll on Twitter (h/t NYBD):
Cubs signing of Mike Cameron is waiting on deal of Milton Bradley, which has been “imminent” for about 72 hours.
The Milton Bradley deal referenced is one that would send the disgruntled outfielder to the Rays for the similarly unproductive Pat Burrell. This is a deal that [...]
It’s been a typically slow-feeling last week or so in Yankeeland, as some of us are still content to bask in the glow of the World Series victory, while others are looking to stoke the fires of the Hot Stove. I’m probably somewhere in the middle. I’d love to [...]
From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
The Yankees talked with the Brewers about trading for center fielder Mike Cameron before the Aug. 31 deadline for setting postseason rosters, but the teams did not get close to a deal, major-league sources say.
Cameron has long been a Yankees’ favorite, but the club did not want to [...]
This season, Melky Cabrera has been worth 0.7 WAR as a center fielder. He’s not hitting particularly well (wOBA is .326, second lowest in the AL) and his defense has been below average (UZR/150 of -6.9). He’s basically better than he was a year ago, but when you consider that Melky was worth 0.1 WAR [...]
Anyone who hoped to have Mike Cameron in camp as an insurance policy can finally give up the ghost. Gardner and Cabrera fans rejoice.
“Our center fielder is here in camp,” Cashman said when asked if he had anything going for the Brewers’ $10 million center fielder, who was close to being a Yankee last [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees