Last night, Joba Chamberlain was awful. Although he was given a 4-run lead in the first inning, he coughed it up by allowing 7 ER over 4 IP. In fact, I would argue that he delivered one of the more frustrating performances we’ve seen from Yankee pitchers this season (maybe it’s because I was [...]
Here’s a post that was inevitable.
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
Who knows how matters might have played out if the Yankees had actually made their trade for Santana after the 2007 season. But more and more, GM Brian Cashman’s restraint then is being paid off now. Cashman philosophically could not advocate giving up [...]
I’m not looking for an all-star at every position, but I believe that, as a fan of the team with more resources than anyone else in baseball, it is fair to critique the areas that could use improvement. I know Melky’s our #9 hitter, etc., but that’s a dangerous line of thinking — just because [...]
Speaking of Melky, Mr. Consistency has really fallen off a cliff since hitting for the cycle, eh? It’s pretty funny; right after the cycle a slew of blog posts and articles popped up hoping that Melky may have finally gotten past getting stuck in these prolonged slumps, and could be a productive player for all [...]
Melky Cabrera is a polarizing figure amongst Yankees fans. While most love his exuberance and obvious love for the game, his talent has been questioned by many, including myself. Even when things were going well for Melky in the past, you always felt like the other shoe was bound to drop. He did not seem [...]
Most Yankees fans have been pleasantly surprised by the numbers put forth thus far by Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera. The two buddies have been in the middle of a bunch of game winning rallies, with Melky in particular notching a number of game winning hits. However, a closer look at the statistics suggest that [...]
One of our loyal readers, Scott L, brought up an interesting notion yesterday for the umpteenth time, and I think the topic deserves a closer look. He suggested that the Yankees explore trading Melky Cabrera for relief pitching, being that Melky is playing extremely well now and is unlikely to ever be more valuable on [...]
After coming out flat yesterday against the Rangers, the Yankees went for the series win this afternoon in the Bronx. The Yankees sent Chien-Ming Wang, making his first start since returning from injury to the hill against Brandon McCarthy. Wang had looked good in his last few bullpen outings, and the Yankees hoped he would [...]
Pete Abe comes up with the news:
Melky Cabrera: He had an MRI and will be sent back to New York tomorrow to be examined by team doctor Chris Ahmad. The initial diagnosis is that he will be out 5-7 days. If it’s more than that, they will probably DL him and call up [...]
Melky Cabrera strained his shoulder running into the wall in the first inning last night, and has an MRI scheduled for later today. He said that it does not feel too bad and that it should only keep him out a few days. We shall see. Joba Chamberlain looked awful last night, going just 4 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees