I had promised a few readers an article on the PECOTA projections this morning, but will push that until next week because SG over at RLYW has suggested that their math is a bit off, and Colin Wyers has responded that they are looking into it. I will wait until there is more news on [...]
We can all argue the merits plus/minus for the top 11, but the deeper you go on the list the more you wonder what some of these guys are smoking. Here’s the list:
Don Mattingly — 87 – 16.1%
Dave Parker – 82 – 15.2%
Dale Murphy — 63 – [...]
From Ken Rosenthal:
A rival executive says that neither Phil Hughes nor Joba Chamberlain should be in the Yankees’ rotation next season.
Instead, the exec suggests that the Yankees keep both youngsters in their bullpen and make Chad Gaudin their fifth starter.
Not a crazy thought. But if the Yankees enact such a plan, [...]
Yes, seriously, Mike Silva asked that question:
If you compare both players in their first full season of just starting it looks like this:
Ponson: 4.71 ERA, 1.5 WHIP, 99 ERA+, and FIP of 5.39
Chamberlain: 4.75 ERA, 1.5 WHIP, 90 ERA+, and FIP of 4.82
To be fair Ponson never [...]
Joe Girardi may be the first manager to guide his team to 103 wins and the World Series to spend the entire time prior to the Series getting skewered by the press. First it was Jon Heyman:
Girardi apparently already has a dreary book of overwrought stats in the dugout, and he’s gone to [...]
I was listening to Buck Showalter on the Michael Kay Show the other day and, much as I love Buck from his tenure as Yankee manager, he said something that didn’t seem right to me. Upon being pressed by Kay for a prediction, he wound up reluctantly picking the Angels in 7 games. This [...]
Now that the Red Sox have been eliminated, I thought it would be fun to run through some of the awful articles written about them over the 2009 season. Just to show that we here at TYU like to be fair, I will run through our own predictions once the 2009 season has been completed. [...]
Another talent evaluator believes Chamberlain’s persona changed for the worse when he was converted from reliever to starter and it still affects his mechanics.
“He is a grunt-and-fart guy, he’s Joba,” [...]
Remember all the hue and cry in April and May about how the new Yankee Stadium is a bandbox? How the new place has some enormous jet stream that is carrying balls hit off the end of a bat over the fences? The park factor was up to 105 (same as Fenway, which plays ‘fair’ [...]
This is from Golenbock’s Facebook page, which may explain all the horrific spelling errors. He does not actually have an MVP vote, but is representative of a large segment of the voting population. It is quite possibly the most perplexing ballot in the history of ballots. There is no unifying theory, and most importantly, no [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees