Marc Carig is the beat writer covering the Yankees for the Newark Star-Ledger, as well as a columnist for Baseball Prospectus. He also interacts with fans and other writers through his twitter account @Ledger_Yankees, and is one of the most accessible and engaging beat guys you will come across. He is well [...]
Joel Sherman has the news:
After his first meltdown as a Yankee, which led to a 5-4 Minnesota triumph in 10 innings last night, Soriano vanished. He never came to his locker. A flustered Yankees media relations official conceded Soriano probably dressed quickly and departed, leaving others to explain his ineffectiveness.
This would [...]
(comic from geekandpoke.typepad.com)
Time Magazine recently released its list of the top 140 twitter accounts, and there were a number of accounts listed under the “sports” heading:
Old Hoss Radbourn
A few days ago, Jon Heyman dropped this little nugget into a larger trade deadline article:
They say they want a bat for the bench and bullpen help, and that is true. But they can’t resist big-game hunting. They tried hard for Lee and Haren, and made a big proposal for Royals closer Joakim [...]
Those of you that follow me on Twitter know that I have recently been railing against the cloud of misinformation surrounding the impending NBA free agency season. On the same day, anonymous sources will be the basis for reports that have LeBron James going to Miami, Chicago, and New York. Conflicting reports continue to emerge, [...]
[image title="cartoon20090330" size="full" id="16744" align="center" linkto="full" ]
This morning, I was surprised to hear friend of the blog Craig Calcaterra on WFAN’s Boomer and Carton show. I’ll let Craig tell you more:
So yesterday Craig Carton and Boomer Esiason of 660 WFAN went crazy on me for calling Yankees fans “classless and ignorant” [...]
[image title="carbopic" size="full" id="16391" align="center" linkto="full" ]
I do not often agree with Charlie Pierce, but he is right on the money here:
However, this is the most interesting part of the piece.
“When I came to the big leagues in 1970 with the Big Red Machine, the trainer told me, ‘You need [...]
Andrew Marchand (General) – Marchand has been the managing editor for ESPN Radio 1050 AM since 2007 and has provided on-air reports for over three years. He [...]
[image title="mm_twitter" size="full" id="16073" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Twitter has entirely changed how baseball reporters and writers deal with the information that they collect and how they interact with their readership. Ken Rosenthal chimed in on this topic last night (h/t @crashburnalley):
Early in my career, I would lose sleep if I reported something [...]
[image title="Tiger Woods news" size="full" id="15764" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Dan Le Betard wrote a fascinating column last week about the role of the media in the internet age, and I wanted to highlight some of his thoughts:
“Evolution” and “progress” are not always synonyms. The electric toothbrush is an example of that. So, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees