Here’s an interesting bit of text via Bryan Hoch from early March:
The goal is to cut out the movement of Johnson’s back foot in the box, which should help him generate power.
“I’m just trying not to drift, trying to be more direct,” Johnson said. “I’m working on turning my back foot. [...]
[image title="Picture 6" size="full" id="16540" align="center" linkto="full" ]
[image title="Picture 5" size="full" id="16538" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Twitter is an amazing tool for fans and bloggers, in that it provides access to people with expertise that many fans would not have had the ability to speak with in the past. [...]
Let’s continue the unintentional Curtis Granderson theme on the day.
Prior to camp, Granderson had visited hitting instructor, Kevin Long, in Arizona in order to pick Long’s esteemed brain about hitting and, specifically, hitting left-handers. “I wanted to get a philosophy that he had going before I got down to spring training and all [...]
From Brittany Ghiroli (MLB):
Hughes has allowed nine hits in 4 2/3 innings, posting a 5.79 ERA that pitching coach Dave Eiland says is largely the result of an old mechanical problem resurfacing.”[It's] just a minor adjustment and he knows it,” Eiland said prior to the team’s optional workout on Friday afternoon. “It’s [...]
Baseball Intellect took a look at Chien-Ming Wang’s messed up mechanics yesterday. Wang is slumping his back as he pitches, causing a series of problems. The bottom line?
So my advice for Wang? First correct the posture problem by going back to a more upright position. Second, he needs to increase the tempo of [...]
The sabermetric community has been abuzz the last few days with attempts to explain the collapse of Chien-Ming Wang. Driveline Mechanics did some interesting work and found that Wang’s velocity and movement are down:
When his velocity was up near 92, he was recording outs without a problem. When it dipped even just a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees