The title says it all, folks. I’m going to list a few trade target pitchers and in the comments, I want you to tell us what your best offer would be.
Pros: Lefty; decent strikeout/control numbers; affordable; short term commitment.
Cons: So-so ground ball numbers; free agent after [...]
Because, why not?
Earlier this week, Ervin Santana had his name thrown into the trade ring by Joel Sherman, and we learned that the Cubs are willing to listen on anyone. Of all the Cubs starters, the one we can dream about the most is Matt Garza. [...]
The Yankees have played nine games at Tropicana Field this season and have averaged 4.2 runs per game. The Yankees have played six games against the Rays at home this season and have scored 6.5 runs per game. Caveats about hitters’/pitchers’ parks, small samples and a given team’s home/road splits [...]
After these last two games I’m not sure I could handle a hypothetical Yankees-Rays American League Championship Series. The Yankees beat the Rays 8-7 in 10 innings in a game that felt like one of those classic Emotionally Decimating Mid-Aughts Yankees vs. Red Sox seesaw contests at Fenway Park.
I missed this one (who schedules baseball games on a Saturday evening in July anyway?), but was ecstatic to check my BlackBerry to see that the Yanks pulled out a close one, beating the Rays 5-4 in rather dramatic fashion.
The Yankees’ three hottest hitters in July essentially singlehandedly [...]
So I know Curtis Granderson‘s first season in pinstripes hasn’t gone quite the way many of had hoped/expected, but it’s hard to deny the man’s had something of a flair for the dramatic, between blasting a home run off Josh Beckett in his first Yankee at-bat, [...]
From the Yes Network:
“They can take whatever they want from it from it, but I just kind of got tired of people brushing him back. It’s about time someone made a statement,” Garza said, noting that Longoria was hit by a pitch in the opener of the three-game series on Monday night.
Razzball.com, a fantasy baseball site with a statistical analysis bent did a fascinating study on the usage factors that cause pitchers to break down the following season. They studied a variety of factors, and found that an 700+ increase in pitches or throwing more than 27% percent of pitches as curveballs or sliders leads [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees