This is the last of the Questions for 2011 series and it’ll be pretty brief. I’m not going to look much on the macro level, just at a few key players.
Slade Heathcott: We saw patience from Heathcott in 2010–.101 IsoD–but his IsoP was under .100 and that’s not good. So the [...]
-AJ Burnett was named the #2 starter, which makes Hughes the #3. If Ivan Nova’s new found slider is for real, he could out pitch both of them. Especially the first few months of the year when teams haven’t seen it yet. A slider raises Nova’s ceiling substantially. He can back door lefty [...]
From Marc Carig:
Right-hander Sergio Mitre, the scheduled starter, woke up on Sunday with what he described as soreness and stiffness in his left oblique area. It was near the same muscle that he strained last season, an injury that landed him in on the disabled list for about a month.
For all thirty teams in the Majors, this week marks the real beginning of 2011. Each team will report to its respective base camp in either Arizona or Florida, the players will dust off their equipment, ready themselves to run, stretch, throw, hit, and finally play a game, even if it’s not meaningful in the [...]
As one $148 million door closes, a $750,000 one opens. On the heels of last week’s Yankeeist analysis comes the news that the Yankees have signed their former 1998 draft pick (43rd overall) Mark Prior to a minor league deal that could be worth up to [...]
Last night, I posed a bit of a question on Twitter. I asked, if the Yankees sign Russell Martin, which is definitely a possibility, what happens to their current catchers?
Jorge Posada doesn’t count. He’s the DH. I’m sure he’ll see a handful (more maybe a bit more than that) at catcher, but he’s no [...]
Late yesterday came word that the Yankees and Rangers were locking horns for a big-name free agent pitcher. However, in this case the teams are vying for onetime phenom Mark Prior and not my-agent-is-making-a-mockery-of-the-winter-meetings Cliff Lee.
Prior of course is [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees