In his excellent interview with John Sickels, Mark Newman made a passing remark that caught my eye:
I don’t worry about his glove, Romine can really catch. He turns bullets into marshmallows. His arm is strong and accurate. By the internal defensive metrics we use, Romine rates as a very strong defender, and Montero [...]
We all know the Yankees are in desperate need of a 5th starter. Make that 4th starter. Actually, nobody likes AJ Burnett as their #3 …well, you get the point. Some have suggested Andrew Brackman as a possible solution. Brian Cashman has mentioned him as one of the names who will be [...]
[image title="BRACKMAN3.SP.101206.RTW" size="full" id="18860" align="center" linkto="full" ]Since the promotion of Ian Kennedy, Phil Hughes, and Joba Chamberlain, the Yankee pitching pipeline has been pretty mundane. We’ve seen a lot of low ceiling starting pitchers end up in the Pittsburgh rotation or surgeons table. I love David Phelps, I really do, but its hard to get [...]
John Sickels recently spoke to Mark Newman, and Newman said some things about the organizational philosophy that were encouraging:
When I look at it from the perspective of player development and scouting, our mandate to win yearly in the majors gives us two main challenges: our draft slot and the fact that we often [...]
As I see it, one of the more interesting minor-league story-lines for the Yankees this season will center upon the development of ambidextrous reliever, Pat Venditte. For those who are unfamiliar with Venditte, for whatever reason, and therefore are confused by the thought of an ambidextrous pitcher, this video clip from 2007 should [...]
One of the Yankee execs most closely involved with player development was arrested and charged with DWI Monday night. Here’s the story:
Longtime Yankees executive Mark Newman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence Monday night, according to the Hillsborough County Sherriff’s Office.
Newman, in his 11th season [...]
Sharpe’s Peril release The international free agent signing period doesn’t begin for another 2 months, but it is always fun to keep track of the rumored signings and the mysterious top prospects. There is rarely much reliable information out there, and most of the info often comes by way of subscriber sites such [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees