According to Pete Abe, Mark Melancon and Dave Robertson have been promoted to the bigs, taking the roster spots of Brian Bruney and Chien-Ming Wang, who were placed on the DL. Melancon was not on the 40-man roster, but the Yankees DFA’d Humberto Sanchez to make space for Melancon. I’ll have more analysis later.
I may or may not be able to get another Minor Notes up before I leave for the weekend. The good news? I’m leaving Wednesday afternoon to head down to New York and see Thursday’s historic game. I’ll be off the grid following that.
Mark Melancon, Again
Because I’m a baseball geek, I’ve been keeping [...]
Our daily minor league recaps were delayed by Easter and Passover, but some very interesting things happened in the minors this week.
Starting Pitching Excels
All around the minors, Yankee starting pitching dominated. Ian Kennedy struck out 11 in 6 innings without walking a batter… but still lost. Dellin Betances struck out 6 and walked [...]
The Yankees reassigned 6 players to minor league camp this morning, with Mark Melancon, Ian Kennedy, Jesus Montero, Christian Garcia, Kevin Russo, and Kyle Anson all getting the ax. It seems that Melancon never really had a shot to make the team, as his first poor outing has him on his way back to [...]
The Yankees won both ends of their split squad contests today, defeating the Astros 3-1 and the Pirates 13-10. If you like following the minor leagues, the Pittsburgh game was right for you. Here are the notable performances from the day:
1) Phil Hughes had his first rough outing of the spring, allowing 5 baserunners [...]
HELP WANTED-2 Bullpen slots beginning in April, Bronx NY work site. Job entails sitting in the sun, getting late inning outs and listening to Mariano Rivera tell you why he’s great and you suck. Send applications to 161st and River Ave, c/o Joe Girardi
OK, maybe the Yanks aren’t THAT desperate for some bullpen help, [...]
The Yankees defeated the Tigers 12-3 today, and I want to focus on the good pitching performances turned in by AJ Burnett and Phil Hughes. Burnett went two easy innings, allowing just one hit while apparently working very efficiently. If Burnett can stay healthy, he is primed to have a huge season. His stuff is [...]
A reader asked me to write a little bit about how the Yankees develop relief pitchers. This is a pretty cool topic, because the Yankees are on the cutting edge of the field.
The problem with developing minor league relieves into major league relievers is that teams don’t know how to do it. Most players [...]
From Bryan Hoch:
Jorge Posada caught Melancon during his batting practice session Sunday at George M. Steinbrenner Field, offering rave reviews. Jeter may have crowed when Cano splintered his lumber, but Jeter also cut and missed at two pitches from Melancon, grinning widely after the second one made him look silly.”His ball cuts, it [...]
I’ve written volumes on the guy. To give a very quick scouting report, Melancon throws 92-95 with a very good curveball and even better control than his 2.08 BB/9 rate indicates. I normally put little stock into character reports, but reports on Melancon are always glowing with respect for his mentality.
Melancon is probably the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees