And so the thinkable has happened: Yankeeist’s beloved Nick Johnson, a.k.a Nick the Stick a.k.a. Nick the Walk will be spending significant time on the disabled list, out until sometime in July at the earliest.
I was at this one, and since I’ve never been to a playoff game it ended up being the most exciting game I’ve ever seen live. Josh, my partner in crime from Detroit, was in the seat next to me. After watching the Bombers lose three of 4 in the Motor City [...]
-Marcus Thames delivers the game winner off everyone’s favorite Red Sox, Johnathan Papelbon. Had Swisher not been out with a bicep injury and Posada not hurt his foot the night before, Marcus most likely would have never been in the game with Righty Dice-K as the starter. Then the Lefthander platoon specialist [...]
I have long advocated that the Yankees give Elijah Dukes a shot on their bench. With Curtis Granderson hurt, Randy Winn struggling, and Marcus Thames occupying the DH slot, the time is right for the addition of another bat. Yes, I know the offense is just fine and that the Yankees are a playoff team [...]
With Nick Johnson headed to the disabled list, the Yankees must make do without their regular DH for some time. Just the other day, Moshe asked us and you what we’d do in case Johnson did go down. Now that the situation has actually arisen, let’s take a look at the scenarios that Moshe [...]
[image title="nicky" size="full" id="17145" align="center" linkto="full" ]
As we have stated many times since he signed with the team, Nick Johnson is not the greatest bet to make it through a season unbothered by injuries. Nick has never played more than 147 games, and missed all of 2007 and most of the 2008 season. [...]
-First and foremost, Javier Vazquez. Yes, it’s time to start worrying about him. He clearly has no confidence in his fastball, and for good reason. He’s only throwing it about 1/3 of the time, so from a hitters’ perspective pretty much everything is off speed. He needs to challenge hitters and set [...]
I hate small sample sizes. You hate small sample sizes. The only thing I dislike more than the samples themselves is when people extrapolate things from SSS’s. Today, I’m going to throw that hate aside and have some fun with the small sample.
Author’s Note: I’m writing this on Wednesday night in the six o’clock [...]
If Brett Gardner were to injure himself today (on a slide, etc.), forcing a trip to the 15-day disabled list, what would the Yankees’ left field situation look like tomorrow? Would manager Joe Girardi then use Marcus Thames more often, despite his iron glove, or would he simply alter the existing platoon’s configuration [...]
Via Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com:
As the part of the left-field platoon that faces left-handed pitching, Marcus Thames has picked up just 10 at-bats so far this year. He’s acquitted himself well in that limited time, picking up five hits. But it’s been Brett Gardner who’s gotten most of the time, with 30 ABs.Things [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees