Manuel Banuelos was the no-doubt top Yankee prospect entering this season, and held down the #2 spot, behind Jesus Montero, for a year before that. A lot of people, myself included, expect him to spend time on the Yankee roster down the stretch in 2012, and move on to a bright major league career. Instead, [...]
Manuel Banuelos’ season is over. He will be shut down, with hopes of pitching a few innings in winter ball. Banuelos had been rehabbing a series of problems in his left elbow since May. He pitched just 20 innings in 2012.
Banuelos was still one of the youngest players at Triple-A, and showing [...]
Its that time again. Three days from now, the Yankees will add 30-40 young baseball players into their organization. Before that happens, it is appropriate that we take stock of the Yankee farm system, so that we may better understand the Yankee draft and signing strategy.
Below are my Top-20 prospect rankings. I usually rank [...]
Manuel Banuelos, now our undisputed #1 prospect, is underrated. I’m not sure that I’d go as far as as rating him the 12th-best prospect in baseball (MLB.com), but I might put him in the low 20s. It’s hard to believe that, just a year after being considered one of the top prospects in all [...]
I’ve had my disagreements with John Sickels in the past, mostly over how he judges some prospects, but I’ve always had a lot of respect for his rankings. I love that he’s a tough grader: his grades seem pretty evenly spread across a normal bell curve, where most legitimate MLB prospects are in the C- [...]
C.C. Sabathia has re-signed. That’s awesome, and gives the Yankees some certainty heading into the free agent period. We’ve discussed at length here quite a bit about those free agent options – Yu Darvish and C.J. Wilson on the high end, Mark Buerhle and Freddy Garcia on the low end. While I find things attractive [...]
Well, why not? Here’s my “process”- I like upside, I like guys who are young for their level and I also have to consider the results. Tools don’t always translate into results obviously and it goes the other way as well- just because a guy is putting up huge numbers in A ball doesn’t make him a [...]
This recently came up in Frank Piliere’s chat on Fangraphs:
I think this is a very interesting question. If we compare Phil Hughes after 2007 and Manuel Banuelos now, I think I have to disagree with Piliere. I don’t doubt that Banuelos has better stuff than Hughes does [...]
By this point in Spring Training, I can’t imagine that any attentive Yankee fans don’t know a lot about Manuel Banuelos. He is about to turn 20 years old. He’s a 5’10″ left-handed starting pitcher who [...]
4 years ago, the Yankee farm system was enjoying its first revival in half a decade. After years of terrible drafts and an overall barren system, the Yankees managed to very quickly add to the top of their farm system and become one of the best organizations in baseball, at least temporarily. I [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees