I’m not embarrassed to admit that I had thrown the towel in on this game once the Yankees fell behind 5-0. Prior to last night the biggest deficit the team had overcome was three runs. In fact, I even started drafting my game recap while the game was still underway, [...]
Every Yankee fan is familiar with the “Good” and “Bad” A.J. Burnett meme. Unfortunately for the Yankees, “Good A.J.” has been on the side of a milk carton for nearly two months now. We’re used to stretches of ineffectiveness from Burnett, but this is getting ridiculous. He’s not even [...]
CC Sabathia continued his marvelous June run, throwing eight innings of one-run, seven-strikeout ball (lowering his ERA to 3.49); Alex Rodriguez drove in both Yankee runs — including a booming go-ahead solo home run that would prove to be the game-winner; and Mariano Rivera struck out the [...]
Despite a long and storied history between the New York Yankees (45-27, 1st in AL East) and Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers (39-33, 3rd in NL West, 3 GB), the two teams really haven’t had much interaction since I started paying attention to baseball in the late ’80s. They last met [...]
I had an interesting discussion with a friend of mine yesterday, about how the regular season itself essentially used to function as the playoffs, with the two best teams in each league battling it out [...]
Not that coming back from a three- (or really, any) run deficit is ever easy, per se, and the 2009 team was obviously a pretty unique group, tallying 51 comeback wins — with 5 runs [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees