For a while now, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have been a thorn in the side of the New York Yankees. We all remember the early playoff exits in 2002 and 2005 and we were elated when the Yankees finally beat them in 2009 to advance to the World Series. So even though it’s [...]
Both Jered Weaver and Dan Haren put on respective pitching clinics last weekend while facing the Yankees, combining to hold the vaunted Bomber lineup to one run over 18 innings, whiffing 17 men and allowing only seven hits. While there’s something to be said for the fact that neither hurler faced [...]
In a game that started out all too familiarly with the Angels riding cheap hit after cheap hit to a 2-0 first inning, 3-1 third inning and 5-2 4th inning — although in fairness four of their five runs came via the home run, but in true Angels fashion even the home runs were annoying [...]
What do you get when you mix several players simultaneously slumping, with injuries to what feels like half the lineup, combined with facing two of the top four pitchers in the American League at the outset of a week that featured a game that ended at 2am along with a flight to the west coast [...]
How come the Yankees couldn’t get this Weaver during that fateful trade nine years ago?
Jered Weaver was masterful in this one, going eight strong innings, striking out 11 men and yielding only three hits and one run. Though he didn’t get the win, the Angels were able to Angel their way to [...]
I often wonder how the schedule-makers determine the number of games the Yankees play against non-AL East teams. I’m sure it’s inherently random, but I’m not crazy about the fact that, for example, the Yankees will have played nine games apiece against each of the teams in the AL West this season while only getting [...]
This one started out looking like another classic case of Yankees-folding-against-pitcher-they’ve-never-seen-before, which would have been unfortunate seeing as how they just handled another [...]
Larry usually writes these previews, but he is on vacation, so I am going to take a stab at it. Try not to point and laugh at any ineptitude you may perceive on my part.
The Angels have struggled to score runs all season, and are 13th in the AL in runs [...]
The Yankees were able to overcome a shaky 5 1/3 innings of three-run ball by Bartolo Colon — though to Colon’s credit, he did a nice job limiting the damage — in beating the Angels 5-3 and picking up a rare series win in Anaheim. How rare? They’ve only done it two [...]
A night after losing 3-2 to the Angels the Yankees returned the favor, beating the Angels by the same score on the strength of yet another beastly CC Sabathia performance. Sabathia threw 8 2/3 innings of one-earned run (two runs total) ball, and only missed out on the complete game because the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees