[image title="Cano" size="full" id="14721" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Steve Goldman recently wrote an interesting post over at Pinstripe Bible about the Yankee lineup and the best place in it for Robinson Cano:
A career .306/.339/.480 hitter, Cano freezes up with runners on base. This was clearly demonstrated last season, when he batted only .255/.288/.415 [...]
[image title="1stbirthdaycake" size="full" id="14430" align="center" linkto="full" ]
One year ago today, The Yankee Universe opened its doors (we actually had a soft opening on the 24th, but the official start was the 26th), with the goal of becoming the best Yankees blog on the internet. One year and one cease-and-desist letter later, TYU is [...]
In October of 2001, a few short weeks after the unspeakable terror attacks on New York’s World Trade Center, the Yankees and Diamondbacks took the field to play the Fall Classic as the country grieved. For just a few days, baseball told us that it was alright to smile again, if only for a fleeting [...]
From Mark Feinsand:
The more notable number to me was this: the win was the seventh in a row for the Yankees, giving them five separate streaks of at least seven victories. That’s the most by any team in the majors since the 1998 Yankees. You remember that team, right? They won 114 games [...]
Steve Lombardi has a very interesting post up, and I thought it would be fun to piggyback off it. He lists an entire roster of his favorite non-star Yankees, with most of the players being from before the 1994 season. The players can be former stars who no longer profiled as great players, or [...]
I stumbled across this list today, and thought it would be instructive in terms of keeping a proper perspective about prospects who might be traded in a deadline deal. This is John Sickels top 20 Yankees’ prospects from 2006:
Phil Hughes, RHP, Grade B+
Jose Tabata, OF, B+
J. Brent Cox, RHP, B
Alfredo Aceves has been drawing plenty of comparisons to Ramiro Mendoza lately. While stylistically they are quite different, the possibilities for very similar usage are there. Let’s take a look at how Mendoza was used.
Mendoza was used as a spot starter, long reliever, and late inning specialist on a regular basis, filling all three [...]
One constant theme that I have harped on for a while is Brian Cashman’s seeming unwillingness to address his bench in recent seasons. The dynasty teams always seemed like they could call a good hitter off the bench to get a huge hit when necessary. However, looking back at the numbers, it seems that this [...]
As pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training 2009, Marc Hulet of The Baseball Analysts is looking back at how the baseball landscape has changed over the last ten years. Here is his capsule on the Yankees:
The Yankees had eight players making $5 million or more in 1999, with the highest paid player [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees