Joe Girardi is expected to finalize the Opening Day roster tomorrow, so I thought today would be a good time to predict what his roster will look like. Of course, most of the roster has already been announced, so this should be a fairly simple exercise. Here is my first try at [...]
With Opening Day just two weeks away and players being cut on a daily basis, the makeup of the Opening Day roster is becoming exceedingly clearer. Let’s take our first stab at predicting the final 25 that the Yankees will take north with them:
C Russell Martin
We pretty much know what the 25 man roster is going to be at this point, so let’s see what the different lineups will be. Using the latest round of CAIRO Projections from RLYW.net, I’ll put the player’s projected wOBA vs. RHP/LHP next to his name/position.
These projections are a combination of what I [...]
Yesterday Matt penned a piece calling for the demotion of Derek Jeter from the leadoff spot in the Yankees lineup. This led to a wider discussion about the future of Derek Jeter, whether he deserved the benefit of the doubt, and whether it was reasonable to expect a bounceback in the coming months. At [...]
“It’s more than an honor to hit behind A-Rod and in front of Posada,” Cano said. “That means I’m going to have to step it up early in the season.”
One of Joe Girardi’s biggest challenges this spring will be crafting an effective lineup.
The two primary candidates for batting second this season are Nick Johnson and Curtis Granderson. While that is not at all surprising – as seen by the poll in our sidebar – according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com [...]
Lineups via LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Johnny Damon LF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Jorge Posada C
Hideki Matsui DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Melky Cabrera CF
Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (1-0, 2.84 ERA in postseason)
Chone Figgins 3B
Buster Oney had some thoughts to offer on last night’s ST game against the Reds, and one nugget in particular caught my eye:
Brett Gardner, competing for the club’s center field job, continues to have a great spring, with his average over .400. Gardner has a swing that actually reminds you a lot of [...]
With Alex Rodriguez out until at least the beginning of May, the Yankees are going to be forced to change their lineup accordingly. Pete Abe speculates that Hideki Matsui may be the one to fill the hole at cleanup:
Matsui is probably done as an outfielder, at least on any regular basis. But if [...]
Joe Girardi has announced that the 2009 lineup will most likely feature Mark Teixeira hitting third with Alex Rodriguez batting fourth. That’s probably the best configuration, although I think a Swisher-Alex-Teixeira trio would have worked, too.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees