(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod and was originally posted on Thursday morning)
The Winter Meetings will basically be over this afternoon after the Rule 5 Draft is complete (they are), and it’s becoming more and more likely that the Yankees will leave the meetings without [...]
Before the announcement that Alex Rodriguez would–again–need hip surgery to repair a torn labrum, the Yankees’ roster situation was dire enough. Perhaps “dire” is overselling it a bit, but going into yesterday, the Yankees were without a legitimate catcher, right fielder, and designated hitter. Now, they find themselves without a wholly viable third [...]
The Red Sox prolonged the Yankees’ misery with a 7-5 victory Sunday night, marking the first three-game sweep by an opponent in New Yankee Stadium history, and sending the reeling Yanks to their fifth straight loss.
This one actually started out in rather shocking fashion, with the Yankees getting to Jon Lester [...]
The Boston Red Sox will play 4 in the Bronx this weekend, beginning tonight. As Larry noted yesterday, Boston will be without Kevin Youkilis, resident Yankee Killer. What was only speculation when Larry wrote the post is now official: Youk is out for the season.
I’m never one to count Boston [...]
On July 5, 2008, I got lucky. My uncle had seats to the Yankees v. Red Sox game, and he invited me to join him and his son and daughter. I was excited. The seats were spectacular, on the third base side halfway between third base and home plate in the hot sun. It was [...]
This one started out in such promising fashion, too. Despite jumping out to a 5-1 lead behind their ace, CC Sabathia finally gave way in the sixth inning and the Yankee bullpen couldn’t hold a lead to save its life in the first game of the year, losing 9-7 [...]
Pete Abe chimes with a bit of news that will likely irk some fans who want their Yankees to harbor lifelong enmity towards Red Sox players:
Kevin Youkilis mentioned on Monday that he did not start hitting until Feb. 1 — at the advice of former Yankees player Paul O’Neill.
“He told me the [...]
From Ken Rosenthal:
Preseason pick: Grady Sizemore, CF, Indians
1. Joe Mauer, C, Twins: In the end, it was not even close.
2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B, Red Sox: Defensive versatility makes him unique.
3. Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees: Team is 89-42 since his return.
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Tigers: No A-Rod or [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees