Now that Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson will both be starting the season on the DL most eyes have turned to Mark Teixeira as the most logical source of where the Yankees will need to get their missing power. And make no mistake about it, Tex has to [...]
Over a month ago, Kevin Youkilis and Kevin Long met up at the third baseman’s home in California to discuss changes to his batting stance. In an interview with Jack Curry, Youkilis explained the changes to YES network’s Yankees Access.
Now that we have a broadcasted Spring Training game under our belts, [...]
In my last two pieces talked about building the lineup. To quickly test the potency of these lineups, I ran them through the lineup analysis tool from Baseball Musings. I used the PECOTA and ZiPS projections to get the players’ OBP/SLG. Remember, though, these projected OBP/SLG numbers are NOT split adjusted. [...]
You’ll remember that last week, I mused about the possible lineup construction for the 2013 squad. Let’s revisit the idea of the lineup one more time, with something else in mind.
If you’ve read this site, then you’re probably familiar with the Replacement Level Yankee Blog and its CAIRO Projections. [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
“Platoon” is a word that’s slowly worked its way into the collection of words typically associated with the Yankee lineup over the past few seasons, right next to “patience” and “power.” Older veterans on the downside of their careers who [...]
On Tuesday, I wrote about Kevin Youkilis and Kevin Long working together to fix the third baseman’s hitting mechanics. Long found some differences in his stance that he wanted to get a head start on, and visited Youkilis at his home in California last week. In my analysis, I believed his hands were [...]
It’s still hard to believe that he’s a Yankee, but Kevin Youkilis is now our problem. Not that he’s a bad player, but before 2012, Youkilis was one of the best third baseman in the game. His regression in 2012, his age 33 year, isn’t something to take lightly. Teams recognized that, which [...]
In Moneyball, Billy Beane uses a number of advanced statistics to find undervalued players on the market. His rival, the New York Yankees, don’t need Sabermetrics, since they have wagons full of cash. While that’s partially true, (the part about all the money) the Yankees were one of the first organizations to implement [...]
Finally, we can admit that Kevin Youkilis was a good player. Once upon a time, the third baseman could guarantee you a nearly .400 OBP, he could hit homeruns, and he could play some respectable defense. At 33 years old, Youkilis is now crossing sides of a staunch rivalry, he’ll now be a [...]
The Yankees and Kevin Youkilis have agreed to a one-year $12 million deal. The ex-Red Sox will take over for Alex Rodriguez while he spends the first few months of the season on the disabled list for a hip injury.
Last season, Youkilis hit .235/.336/.409 between the Red Sox and White Sox. His BABIP [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees