On Tuesday, I wrote about Kevin Youkilis and Kevin Long working together to fix the third baseman’s hitting mechanics. Long found some differences in his stance that he wanted to get a head start on, and visited Youkilis at his home in California last week. In my analysis, I believed his hands were [...]
It’s still hard to believe that he’s a Yankee, but Kevin Youkilis is now our problem. Not that he’s a bad player, but before 2012, Youkilis was one of the best third baseman in the game. His regression in 2012, his age 33 year, isn’t something to take lightly. Teams recognized that, which [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
Kevin Long has done a lot of good things since becoming the Yankees’ hitting coach. He cleaned up Nick Swisher’s swing to help him make more contact, hit for a better average, and maximize the value of his [...]
Following hitting for the lowest average of his career over the last two years, Mark Teixeira correctly assessed his problem this offseason, his poor numbers hitting lefty. The initial word from the first baseman in January was to drop a few bunts to help beat the exaggerated defensive shifts that robbed him [...]
Last August, Kevin Long did some work with Curtis Granderson to try and address the lefty’s struggles against LHP. I was skeptical at the time about Long’s ability to “fix” a player who had struggled against lefties for a long time, and I cautioned against taking the positive results that we saw in [...]
Over the last few days, we have heard reports that Derek Jeter has abandoned the stance that he developed this winter with Kevin Long. In the past, Jeter typically lifted his front (left) leg, did a toe tap, and then took a stride to home plate as he swung. Long wanted to quiet [...]
During Saturday’s broadcast John Flaherty was convinced that Kevin Long had made Curtis Granderson a new hitter. For those who don’t know, Granderson recently approached Long and asked him to remake his swing. While the jury remains out on the results, the changes are obvious. Granderson is already moving less in the [...]
After the magic night that was Saturday evening’s contest for Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees, the slugger took time in the post game interviews to credit hitting coach Kevin Long with a mechanical adjustment that made the difference. MLB.com has the story:
Rodriguez credited hitting coach Kevin Long with [...]
I’m not quite sure what to make of the Derek Jeter quote at the end of this piece from Chad Jennings over at LoHud.
“I don’t necessarily change things based on results,” Jeter said. As I said, I don’t really quite know what to make of it. I know that players make changes to [...]
Here’s an interesting bit of text via Bryan Hoch from early March:
The goal is to cut out the movement of Johnson’s back foot in the box, which should help him generate power.
“I’m just trying not to drift, trying to be more direct,” Johnson said. “I’m working on turning my back foot. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees