I want to compare the numbers of two pitchers to illustrate a point.
Both are Yankee relievers in different seasons. One pitcher lit the world on fire while the other quietly [...]
With two men on and no outs in the sixth inning of Friday night’s game (a game that was unwatchable, by the way — hey Ron Washington, it’s only midnight, why don’t you change pitchers again?!), Joe Girardi turned to David Robertson, with the Yankees clinging to a 5-3 lead. Although inherited runner [...]
Much has been made recently of the relative struggles of the Yankee pitching staff. Sure, it’s nothing in comparison to what Texas is going through, but the Yankees are still waiting on Andy Pettitte to return from injury, for one of AJ Burnett or Javier Vazquez [...]
A day after a contest that saw 30 combined hits and 21 runs scored, the Yankees and White Sox engaged in a classic pitcher’s duel, with the Yankees emerging victorious 2-1. If you’d told me prior to this [...]
The following was originally posted at http://www.puristbleedspinstripes.com
It’s been a long time since Kerry Wood struck out twenty as a Chicago Cub.
A long time, filled with injuries and disappointments and ultimately relegation to bullpen duty. Many point to Wood’s struggles, and that of another one-time Chicago Cub, Mark Prior, in being the impetus towards [...]
MLBTR came out with some updated Elias Free Agent Rankings yesterday, so I thought I’d scan the list for Yankee free agents and see whether or not I’d offer that guy arbitration.
The first to come up is under the 1B/DH/OF category: Lance Berkman. Right now, he profiles as a Type B free [...]
Kerry Wood has been pretty good since coming to the Yankees. Despite some control issues, six walks per nine innings, he’s been effective. He’s allowed just seven hits and one run while striking out thirteen (after a 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2K performance last night). Overall, I like what I’ve seen from Kerry Wood in [...]
I don’t like that…
–Nick Swisher, not including last night’s game which is still going on, has a walk rate under 6% in the second half and has walked just six times. That ~8% jump in O-Swing% may be starting to catch up with him.
–Brett Gardner has a .501 OPS in the second half. [...]
Over the weekend the two best teams in baseball acquired relievers in salary dumps from two teams clearly out of contention. The Yankees picked up Kerry Wood from the Indians, with the Indians agreeing to pay $2.17M of the remaining $3.67M on his contract while the Yankeeswood pay $1.5M. The Indians can also receive $200K [...]
I was away this weekend and found out about the Lance Berkman trade via the radio Friday night while on the way to my girlfriend’s from a softball game (20-3 W, I was 0-3 with a sac fly–two balls, including the sac fly were ripped right at the right-center fielder…bad BABIP luck).
Anyway, my thoughts [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees