Prospect season has arrived, and on Tuesday, Keith Law revealed his top 100 prospects for 2013. The Yankees fared well, with Gary Sanchez at 18 overall, Mason Williams at 35, Tyler Austin at 52, and Slade Heathcott at 57. Jose Ramirez also earned a spot in [...]
Keith Law ranked Jesus Montero 4th among all prospects in his recent prospect rankings, and made a very interesting comment about Montero’s future that struck me as fodder for discussion:
There’s also a concern about the long-term effects that catching will have on Montero’s knees. He is listed at 6-foot-4, 225 pounds, and only [...]
On the heels of MLB.com’s top prospect list, Keith Law recently released his own Top 50 prospects list (unfortunately it’s behind ESPN’s silly pay wall), and it’s even more favorable to the Yankees than MLB.com’s was. This is good news, as Law is a notoriously hard grader.
Keith Law and Jim Callis both chimed in on the Yankee farm system in chats this week, and the prognosis is encouraging. Let’s take a look at the chat answers from Callis first:
Nick (Connecticut): Is the Yankees farm system in the top 15?
Jim Callis: Yes. It takes a lot of time to [...]
Keith Law held his weekly chat this Thursday, and had some nice things to say about Jesus Montero:
Q: Which current hitter would you compare Jesus Montero to? If he goes to a different team any chance he stays behind the plate?
Klaw: Physically and in his swing, he reminds me of Frank [...]
From ESPN’s Keith Law:
“Either Nady or [Reed] Johnson represent marginal improvements that may not justify the cost. Neither is really a full-time player. Johnson is strictly a platoon player, and can back up Granderson, but they have Gardner for that. Nady, even when healthy, was a platoon guy until ’08. I’m not [...]
I get a lot of emails asking about whether Austin Romine is the Yankees’ catcher of the future and, based on what I saw in Arizona, the answer is — I don’t know. He has plenty of arm and his receiving was adequate, but I’m not sure about the bat. His swing [...]
From Keith Law:
Price tags on players in this draft continue to rise, with over 90 player saying they will only sign for first-round money.
Essentially, what this means is that some of the top prospects may drop much further than expected, as teams will attempt to identify the most signable of those 90 [...]
These are questions from the ESPN chats of Keith Law and Jim Callis last week:
Chris (NY): Crazy to say that Phil Hughes should be in the bullpen from here on out as a quality multiple innings reliever?
Keith Law: Not crazy at all.
I agree that it is not crazy, but I [...]
I am a headline writing savant.
If you have not figured it out yet, the headline is referencing Japanese pitching phenom Yu Darvish. Keith Law, not one for hyperbole, recently saw Darvish and had the following to say:
Darvish is the top pitcher in the Japanese major leagues right now. He earned the 2007 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees