There was a time when this one was close, but the Yankees ran away with it late, against the very Royal bullpen I talked up yesterday. The story of this game was the hitting. Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher had 2 hits each. Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez had [...]
The Yankees play the Royals today for the first time this year in game 1 of a 4 game set at the Stadium. Kansas City comes in as, well, Kansas City, with a 41-53 record overall. Bruce Chen (5-3, 4.06 ERA) takes the mound against CC Sabathia in the series opener. Although [...]
“The Yankees are not confident Nick Johnson will be back and sound this year and may consider No. 2 type hitters in trade. [...]
Near the end of last week several laughably awful moves were made around MLB. First, the Angels signed Joel Pineiro to a two-year, $16 million deal. Sure, Pineiro had a nice year in 2009, but he was pitching for the Cardinals in the NL Central. The last time he [...]
If you read Yankeeist you probably also already Fangraphs, so even though you don’t need me to tell you to go there, I’m going to anyway. Matt Klaasen’s post from yesterday on Dayton Moore and Omar Minaya cracked me up. To wit:
“One might be tempted to see [...]
Poor Royals fans. The team has managed a .500-plus record only four times in the last 20 seasons (with one of those coming in a strike-shortened 1994 campaign). Kansas City’s last playoff appearance was more than 20 years ago, in 1985, though they did manage to win the World Series [...]
The Yankees lost to the Royals 4-3 Wednesday night in one of the most boring games I’ve ever had the misfortune of attending, and this is coming from someone who witnessed the Yankees get no-hit by six Astros pitchers in 2003.
The story of the game was Joba [...]
Robinson Cano has had a fantastic bounceback season after a putrid 2008. While I still find myself periodically tearing my hair out after way too many first-pitch swings, the approach seems to mostly be working for him — a career-high 25 home runs (one of which came last night via [...]
I hate to keep ragging on our manager, as I do think he’s done a fantastic job this year. Unfortunately, these last two games haven’t exactly inspired a ton of confidence despite both surprisingly resulting in victories, mostly in spite of the managerial decisions that were made.
The Yankees took their first series from [...]
The Yankees finally beat the Angels on Los Angeles’ home field last night, 6-5, in a game in which the Yankees led 5-0 at one point and wouldn’t end until nearly 2am on the east coast. The Yankees also clinched their 14th playoff appearance in 15 seasons during the game, as the Texas [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees