While we have no idea how closely the Yankees were pursuing Jeff Francis, he’s apparently going to sign a one-year deal with the Royals. I took a look at Francis a month ago and concluded that he’d probably be a worthwhile gamble for the back end [...]
Late Saturday night word broke that the Brewers and Royals had agreed to a deal that would send Zack Greinke to Milwaukee. The news was initially met with skepticism, as it hadn’t yet been confirmed by a mainstream media source, but it turned out that Jim Breen of [...]
Congratulations to Bryan Bullington on picking up his first career Major League win on the strength of an amazing performance: eight innings of two-hit, shutout ball in a 1-0 victory against the New York Yankees.
It’s no secret that the Yankees suck against pitchers they’ve never previously [...]
Fueled by five home runs — including three from Alex Rodriguez, marking the first time he’s had a three home run-game since April 26, 2005, against the Angels — the Yankees beat the Royals 8-3 last night.
Phil Hughes had a solid outing, holding the Royals [...]
The Yankees fell to the Royals 4-3 last night in a rain-delayed game featuring some not-great pitching from Dustin Moseley and the Bombers’ continued inability to get much of anything going at the plate. The Yankees have a .307 wOBA in August and have now been held to [...]
This one looked like a laugher until the ninth inning, when the Royals brought the tying run to third base with two outs. CC Sabathia had been cruising, throwing 8 2/3 innings of one-run ball before David Robertson allowed his two inherited runners to score, marring Sabathia’s final [...]
The Yankees (70-43, 1st in the AL East, 1.5 GA) kick off a four-game set tonight in their lone trip to Kansas City (47-67, tied for last place in the AL Central, 17 GB) this season. New York beat KC handily at the stadium last month, and there’s no [...]
Though not quite on par with last year’s eight-game winning streak, the 2010 Yankees have acquitted themselves quite nicely since coming out of the All-Star Break, going 6-3 over their last nine games.
Filling in for the injured Andy Pettitte, Sergio Mitre was horrendous, digging the Yankees an early hole from the get-go en route to a 7-4 loss. Though the team made a few valiant attempts to dig themselves out, it’s pretty hard to win [...]
The Yankees beat up on the Royals for the 2nd night in a row. Brian Bannister gave up 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st, which was more than enough for the Bombers to take care of business. A.J. Burnett, meanwhile, bounced back nicely from his atrocious outing last week. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees