The Yankees managed to load the bases in the ninth against Royals closer Joakim Soria, making the righty throw 40 pitches and scoring a run in the process, but Jorge Posada struck out looking with the bases loaded — on what should have been ball three — to [...]
The Royals sure seem to have Ivan Nova‘s number.
Kansas City — responsible for Nova’s shortest and arguably worst outing of the year back in May — beat Nova up for a second straight time, dropping seven earned runs (a season-high for Nova) on nine hits over 5.1 innings on the young righthander. [...]
A.J. Burnett wasn’t great — managing to mostly limit the damage in scattering 10 hits and allowing three runs over 5 2/3 innings — but was good enough to pick up his first win since June 29 (though in fairness, in the six Burnett starts prior to this one — save the 18-7 [...]
The Yankees only get the Royals six times all season, and the final three of those games begins tonight at Kaufman Stadium. As you’ll recall, the two teams last played in May, as the surprising Royals — who came into that series with an 18-16 record — proceeded to take two of three from the [...]
Remember when I said that “anything less than two out of three against the Royals at home would have to be considered a pretty monumental failure”? Well, the Yankees managed to pull off the seemingly impossible, getting blown out by the Royals 11-5 and dropping two of three at home — making this the [...]
This about sums last night’s game up.
A.J. Burnett tossed seven innings of one-hit, one-run ball against the Royals on Wednesday night (the one hit being a solo home run by Eric Hosmer), and left the game with the Yankees up 2-1. Unfortunately neither Joba Chamberlain (due to [...]
The Yankees beat the Royals 3-1 Tuesday evening in one of the more ho-hum games the team is likely to play all year. After retiring the first eight Yankees he faced, Kyle Davies finally surrendered a triple to Brett Gardner in the bottom of the third, and was subsequently knocked [...]
Following a much needed day off after playing 16 straight games, the Yankees get back to business tonight at the Stadium for a three-game set against the Royals (18-16), who have probably been the second-biggest surprise in the American League save the AL Central-leading Indians.
Pretty much everyone expected the Royals would bring up the [...]
Our previews of the teams in the American League march on. Click here to see the other posts in this series.
It almost seems a bit premature to be writing this. No one expects the Royals to be any good in 2011. However, for long-suffering Kansas City fans hope may finally be emerging. [...]
Fifth and penultimate post in the series.
In 2008 and 2009, the A.L. Central produced a one game playoff. 2010 saw a more uneventful finish to the season, as the Twins won the division easily, besting the White Sox by [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees