There is a difference between going 5-4 on a nine game road trip and going 6-3. If the Yankees win today they’ll lock up a 6-3 record over this stretch of away games, which is nothing to sneeze at. Unfortunately the pitching match up in this one is a little one sided. The Yankees will [...]
Over the last couple of games, the Yankees have hit an odd patch of offensive trouble, scoring only 3 runs between their last 2 games. Things won’t get much easier Friday evening, as the Tigers send out their starting pitcher Justin Verlander. I consider a handful of starting pitchers in the ace category, [...]
In a recent post suggesting that CC Sabathia should have come higher than fourth in the Cy Young voting, I casually mentioned that I do not believe that pitchers should be eligible to win the MVP. I didn’t develop that thought further because I was writing a post about the Cy Young [...]
The AL Cy Young award ceased to be a contest roughly in August when it became clear that Justin Verlander was on his way to a dominant season. There was no longer talk about if he would win the Cy Young, but whether or not he would add the MVP to his credentials [...]
I know I’ve seen this movie somewhere before. The Yankees are playing the Tigers in a five-game first-round playoff series. The Yankees win the first game in blowout fashion. Rain interferes with the schedule, changing Game 2 from a night game to a day game. The Yanks drop a close one at home in the [...]
Being that I already wrote a CC Sabathia-Justin Verlander preview, there’s no sense in rehashing the entire thing, so just click here if you need a refresher. The primary aspect of the initial preview post that changes is that they’re not at Yankee Stadium anymore, which probably slightly favors Verlander, [...]
I hate this question. However, it’s an inevitable one that baseball fans will continue to ask because until you know who your team’s postseason opponent is there isn’t really much else one can do aside from debate whether one team would be “preferable” to the other.
The reason I hate this question is because there’s [...]
Over the last few weeks, as CC Sabathia struggled a bit while Justin Verlander remained dominant, Verlander gained plenty of momentum in the race for the A.L. Cy Young award. In fact, Rob Neyer made the following statement this morning:
Unless he really sucks in his next few starts, Justin [...]
In the wake of Boston extending Clay Buchholz, I couldn’t help but think about the healthy number of young, good-to-excellent starting pitchers across baseball that have seen their teams jump to extend them prior to hitting free agency these last few years, and that the Yankees have remained noticeably absent from this practice.
So that felt pretty good.
The Yankees beat the Tigers 6-3 on Thursday afternoon, marking their 11th consecutive Opening Day victory at home, but perhaps more importantly, the team’s first Opening Day victory since Chien-Ming Wang beat Roy Halladay in 2008. CC Sabathia (6 IP, 6H, 3R, 2 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees