Both Jered Weaver and Dan Haren put on respective pitching clinics last weekend while facing the Yankees, combining to hold the vaunted Bomber lineup to one run over 18 innings, whiffing 17 men and allowing only seven hits. While there’s something to be said for the fact that neither hurler faced [...]
The Yankees and Red Sox have now played 15 games this season, and last night’s win improved the Bombers to 4-11 in those contests.
The Yankees entered the series hitting .225/.320/.375 against Boston, and .269/.348/.455 on the 2011 season. They leave with a line of approximately .226/.322/.369 against Boston on the year (for some reason [...]
The Yankees finally broke through against Josh Beckett, touching the righty up for five runs (four earned) over seven innings, but it wouldn’t be enough to overcome another shaky outing by Phil Hughes, as the Bombers fell to the Red Sox 9-5 on Wednesday night.
Perhaps the most frustrating aspect [...]
Prior to Friday night’s seventh inning [inert expletive here] meltdown, Tweets condoning retaliatory pitches were running rampant. Tensions were already high after the Ortiz Bat Flip Incident. Fan frustration was further exasperated by Josh Beckett who managed to plunk Derek Jeter in the bottom of very first inning. Before most of [...]
RAB’s Hannah volunteered to write this recap, but I realized this morning that I never mentioned what time we’d need it, and as she’s on the west coast, I’m going to go ahead and toss this quickie up on the Yankees’ 8-3 loss to the Red Sox for now.
Given that I knew I [...]
Just when it seemed like things couldn’t get any worse, the Yankee offense managed to score an impressive zero runs in the first non-playoff Saturday night game at Yankee Stadium in seemingly forever, as Josh Beckett threw six more scoreless innings to run his streak against the Yankees to 14 straight leading Boston [...]
The Yankees have the day off today. Hopefully the team uses the time to breathe some life back into the offense after Sunday’s Josh Beckett experience. The Yankees are back in action Tuesday, at home against the Orioles. A.J. Burnett toes the rubber for the bombers, while the division leading [...]
Josh Beckett was outright destructive last night, obliterating the flailing Yankee offense in an outing almost as dominating as his Game 6 series-clinching win in the 2003 World Series (a complete-game shutout, two walks, five hits, nine strikeouts), as he threw an eight-inning two-hit, 10-strikeout shutout (the strikeout total was the most he’s [...]
It seems like the Yankees have to make the trek up to Fenway Park in April every season, and indeed, the Bombers have had a tilt at Fenway in April during six of the last eight years. This is rather unfortunate, as for whatever reason they have a tendency to play some of their worst [...]
In Moshe’s post analyzing Ken Rosenthal’s piece comparing A.J. Burnett to Josh Beckett — which inspired a deeper analysis of A.J. Burnett through the lens of PitchFX this past Thursday — I was also struck by commenter T.O. Chris‘ look at the duo’s more advanced [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees