We’ve been here a few times before. In at least two different seasons in recent memory, we’ve seen a young relief pitcher get hot in a short period of time and we’ve gotten delusions of grandeur. The recent examples are Brian Bruney, Jose Veras, and Edwar Ramirez; neither one of these pitchers is still on [...]
With Brian Bruney returning, the Yankees have a decision to make as to their relief corps. They need to open up a spot on the 25 man roster, with Jose Veras, Edwar Ramirez, and Jonathan Albaladejo the likely choices to be axed. Veras is out of options and would need to pass through waivers, while [...]
The Yankees and A’s traded punches all afternoon, with CC Sabathia struggling with his command and Brett Anderson giving up some long balls. Sabathia allowed 7 runs (6 earned) on 6 hits, 4 walks, and just 2 K’s in 6.2 innings. The Yankees got HR’s from Matsui, Melky, and Jeter, and entered extra [...]
I logged on tonight to write about the bullpen, and the overreaction of some people to a few bad outings from people such as Jose Veras and Damaso Marte. I noticed that Joe P. from RAB made the point I wanted to make, so I will just post his thoughts and then expound upon [...]
Tyler Kepner has a piece in today’s New York Times detailing the cost effective job Brian Cashman has done in building this years relief corps. He begins:
On a team that spends more than $200 million on its roster, the Yankees’ bullpen is a bargain. Only one of Rivera’s setup men will earn more [...]
I hope to do this for every spring training game, or at least once every couple of days to track the progress of players through camp.
1) Brett Gardner- He showed some power, homering in the first at bat of the spring. If he can reach base at a decent clip and hit [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees