It often takes little more than a single, signature moment for a player to become immortalized in Yankees lore. Few can spout off the career lines of Bucky Dent or Jim Leyritz, and yet there is nary a fan that will not feel at least a tiny bit of giddiness at the mere mention [...]
For the fifth time in their last nine games, the Yankees played to a tie against their opponent into the ninth inning and lost, this time by a score of 5-4 to the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. Two days after giving up a walkoff home run to Luis Rodriguez,
From the charts above, one can see that the Yankees’ top three starters in 2009 – CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, Andy Pettitte – when paired with Jorge Posada, often struck out fewer batters and, in fact, walked more batters when compared to their career averages, and to the work done [...]
Thanks to the very few of you who showed up to our liveblog on Saturday afternoon, although I guess I can’t complain about attendance too much given that it was the first nice day we’ve had in New York in approximately 800 years.
So my first look at the [...]
Not sure if this was reported as a standalone item anywhere, but Erik Boland of Newsday informs us that manager, Joe Girardi, has announced that Jorge Posada will catch A.J. Burnett this season. A serious amount of ink was devoted to the Burnett-Posada duo a season ago, after the two seemed to have [...]
So with the Yankees blogospohere talking about the best of the decade, I thought it would be fun to talk about the worst of the decade. I went ahead and found the worst offensive seasons for positional players on the Yankees in the [...]
Well, not really, but John Harper (Daily News) seems to think so:
Jorge Posada’s defense is an issue that’s not going away, especially as he turns 39 next year. Joe Girardi’s willingness to let Jose Molina catch A.J. Burnett in the playoffs was an indication of his feelings about the importance of defense [...]
I’m not as pessimistic as some viewers of Game 5 (Note from Larry: For the record, I don’t think I was overly pessimistic in my recap — the Phillies spanked the Yankees fair and square, though I still expect the Yankees to win Game 6, as you can see in my last [...]
My good friend and fellow passionate Yankee fan Eric backs Joe Girardi’s decision to once again start Jose Molina in the postseason as A.J. Burnett’s personal caddy. I still disagree with this move, so I thought it might be fun to do a little point-counterpoint.
Mollo: For the third time [...]
From Jon Heyman (SI):
A.J. Burnett threw another nice game with favored catcher Jose Molina behind the plate, allowing three hits and two earned runs in 6 1/3 innings. So look for Molina to remain his personal catcher thoughout the postseason. Yankees manager Joe Girardi and Burnett have suggested it was Girardi’s call to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees