Since getting swept by Boston earlier this month, NY has come back with a vengeance and the National League has had to deal with it — they’ve won their last six series and have gone 14-4 in the process. It’s no wonder they lead the American League with a 46-31 record and trail only [...]
June has been kind to Jorge Posada. At the end of April, he had a .267 wOBA. In May, he hit to the tune of a .293 wOBA. Thus far in June, Jorge’s ripped the ball. His wOBA has been at .415 with a wRC+ at 163. What’s been behind that?
With one summer course finished last night, I’m like 95% done with my Master’s. Woo. Okay done with the semi-cool brag. Onto the baseball…
During the series with the Cubs, I was annoyed with the constant Wrigley-fapping. This series, it was (as it usually is when they’re together) the Michael Kay and Paul O’Neill Show. [...]
Over at MLBTR yesterday, Steve Adams suggested that the Twins could put Michael Cuddyer on the trading block as we near the trade deadline. While the Yankee offense is rolling along and doesn’t need much in the way of improvements, there is still at least one “position” that could use some beefing up. Jorge [...]
Earlier today, I had a chance to read an interesting (albeit depressing) article by ESPN’s Ian O’Conner (insider req’d) — yes, the same guy who wrote “The Captain.” The article explored some of the mounting performance pressures that have been placed on Jorge Posada‘s veteran shoulders, and the presumable [...]
Just a few things that ran through my head during the game last night…
It’s pretty clear that Joe Girardi is employing a platoon DH situation with Andruw Jones and Jorge Posada. As we all know, Posada’s been absolutely useless against left handed pitchers this year. He has a .109 wOBA against them and STILL hasn’t gotten a hit against a southpaw in 2011. Jones, [...]
The more the day goes on, the louder the trade drum will beat. George King of the New York Post tried to do a little beating of his own over the weekend. He speculated on Carlos Beltran, Michael Cuddyer, and Vladimir Guerrero as potential trade targets for the Yankees.
I wholeheartedly agree on [...]
Fangraphs released a new baserunning statistic earlier this week. I’ll let MGL explain:
Base running linear weights or base running runs, or Ultimate Base Running (UBR), is similar to the outfield arm portion of UZR. Whatever credit (positive or negative) is given to an outfielder based on a runner hold, advance, or kill on [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees