Last week, we heard from Brian Heyman at LoHud that , per Brian Cashman, a waiver deal is unlikely. Still, we know Cashman can work and move in silence so it’s worth it to look at who’s cleared waivers so far.
Frankly, this should back up Cashman’s position. There isn’t anything here [...]
Jorge Posada must not have been terribly thrilled about his recent benching, because he [...]
Earlier today, I linked to my piece from June 2010 about Jorge Posada being a Hall of Fame player. Now, I’m going to do some more rough calculations using my positional averages. This will be a rough calculation again for time’s sake. I’ll also look at wRC+ and the other players [...]
Back on July 21, I wrote a post about what the Yankees could do if Jorge Posada completely tanked. Well, it appears that he has. Posada has been pretty bad since then–a .268/.302/.317/.619 line–and the Yankees have decided to take Posada out of the lineup as the DH against right handed pitching.
When Yankee manager Joe Girardi announced before Sunday night’s game that he was going to start playing Eric Chavez as the DH facing Righty pitchers, the implications of that move were fairly obvious. Jorge already lost most of his playing time against Lefties after his miserable showing against them (.103/.188/.121) this year. His OPS [...]
There are a bunch of story lines and discussions that have been floating around the blogosphere over the last few days that I wanted to address. Let’s run through them:
1) Mike Axisa of RAB wrote an interesting post on Jorge Posada’s diminished bat speed, which set off a conflagration in the comments regarding [...]
32 years ago today, Thurman Munson died tragically when the plane he was piloting crashed during an attempted landing at an Ohio airport. Let’s take a look at his place in the Yankees catching annals, ranked using bWAR (Note: this portion of the post initially ran in May 2010):
1. Yogi Berra (61.8 WAR [...]
Things I would like in baseball: the triple slash line presented with the 100=avg scale instead of raw numbers.
Alright that’s a bit of an extreme statement, and we really don’t have much time left before the trade deadline, so he would have to be really awful over the next two weeks for this course of action to play out. But, on the chance that Jorge Posada does continue to have a [...]
A few weeks ago, I highlighted a fascinating bit of ongoing research from Max Marchi of THT regarding framing pitches. Today, he released updated leaderboards for the last 3 seasons as well as some more explanations regarding his work, and some of the names therein should be interesting to Yankees fans:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees