One of my favorite guilty pleasures in all of sports, never mind just baseball, is examining which players are overpaid, which are underpaid, and which get paid their worth. If baseball allocated its resources fairly, each player would be paid precisely what he was worth to his team (which, incidentally, is often millions of dollars). [...]
As weird as it is to imagine, there’s a very real possibility that Jorge Posada will no longer be an active member of the Yankees come spring training. As bizarre as it sounds, the Core Four by that point, could have been reduced to the Core Two. Although Jorge hasn’t officially hung the spikes [...]
These numbers are accurate as of the start of yesterday’s game because I wrote this last night (as I type, Jesus Montero is batting in the top of the 8th).
If you remember all the way back to early August, I wrote a post comparing the Yankee hitters [...]
Since we’re limiting this to players with 200+ plate appearances, this is only going to be a three man post. The DH, obviously, is Jorge Posada. The bench guys are Andruw Jones and Eduardo Nunez (these numbers are accurate as of Tuesday afternoon).
Posada and Nunez didn’t thrill with [...]
Approximately seven hours after earning their 2011 postseason berth, the Yankees clinched their 17th American League East title, beating the Rays 4-2, sweeping the doubleheader, securing the series victory and ensuring a stress-free final week of the season as the team prepares to kick off the American League Division Series next Friday, September 30.
We don’t yet know how prepared for the postseason Jesus Montero will be. For now, the Yankees are going to try him at DH, and his initial debut has been enormously positive. However, the Yankees seem to recognize that Montero is their best bet at DH right now (and has been for some time, if [...]
Yesterday at FanGraphs, Bradley Woodrum posted an article about predicting performance for batters. Go to the post for the particulars and go here to download/play around with the spreadsheet. The basic tenet is that we need to look at BB%, K%, HR%, and BABIP to get a good idea of how a player [...]
Yesterday, word came down that a bunch of players were put on waivers with some likely to clear soon. The list includes Jim Thome, Wandy Rodriguez, Heath Bell, Carlos Pena, and Jason Kubel. Each one of those players could help the Yankees [...]
The Yankees managed to load the bases in the ninth against Royals closer Joakim Soria, making the righty throw 40 pitches and scoring a run in the process, but Jorge Posada struck out looking with the bases loaded — on what should have been ball three — to [...]
To say that 2011 has been a roller coaster for Jorge Posada would be an understatement and an overstatement a the same time. He started off hot, then cooled considerably, then got really hot again, then did poorly again. Sure, we’ve been through a good amount of up-and-down with Posada this season, but [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees