At the present moment, only two pitchers in the American League have a higher WAR than Jon Lester and his jaw-dropping 4.2: Francisco Liriano (5.1!) and Cliff Lee (4.3).
Before I go too much further, I have to admit that I’ve been a huge Lester fan [...]
Looks like I may have spoken a bit too soon in gushingly praising A.J. Burnett. While almost every Yankee fan was likely waiting for the other shoe to drop with Burnett after such a sterling stretch of outings, it sure would’ve been great had it been a flip flop [...]
AJ Burnett has the reputation for being able to throw a no-hitter or a complete bomb every time he takes the mound. His stuff is excellent but often unpredictable. If he locates his fastball and can command his “hook”, as he likes to call it, then batters beware. If he can’t, then he sometimes gets [...]
Even if they didn’t want to admit it, many Yankee fans likely wrote Friday night’s game off as a loss before a pitch was tossed. Lefty Jon Lester, who has been one of the best pitchers in the American League this year, against Joba Chamberlain, who has the potential to be even better than Lester [...]
-When I say ‘Joba Rules’, I mean it in the way he pitched last night, not referring to his innings limits. His final line looks just OK, but watching him pitch last night we saw Joba on top of his game. Good tempo, throwing strikes, fastball regularly touching 94-95 MPH. Unlike prior outings, most of [...]
Has anyone else noticed that Clay Buchholz has quietly emerged as a quality, reliable starter for the Red Sox? In his last ten starts he’s only given up three earned runs more than once, with the shortest outing being a 4 2/3 effort in which he gave up 7 runs to the White [...]
Razzball.com, a fantasy baseball site with a statistical analysis bent did a fascinating study on the usage factors that cause pitchers to break down the following season. They studied a variety of factors, and found that an 700+ increase in pitches or throwing more than 27% percent of pitches as curveballs or sliders leads [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees