What a difference a year makes, at least as far as the Yankees facing elite AL East southpaws goes.
In 2010, Jon Lester started against the Yankees 4 times and threw 25.1 innings of 6-run ball, and the Red Sox won three of his four starts.
In 2011, Jon Lester has also started [...]
The Yankees and Red Sox have now played 15 games this season, and last night’s win improved the Bombers to 4-11 in those contests.
The Yankees entered the series hitting .225/.320/.375 against Boston, and .269/.348/.455 on the 2011 season. They leave with a line of approximately .226/.322/.369 against Boston on the year (for some reason [...]
In perhaps the least expected turn of events in recent Yankee history, A.J. Burnett managed to turn in a respectable performance against the best non-Yankee offense in Major League Baseball — allowing less than three earned runs in a start for the first time since June 29 against the Brewers — as the [...]
I want to take a moment to compare the numbers of three different pitchers so far this year. I’ll reveal who they are momentarily. Pitcher A has spent some time on the DL this year, but he has also logged 141.0 innings of 3.32 ERA, 3.89 FIP, 1.23 WHIP baseball, for a 2.3 fWAR. [...]
The Red Sox stormed out to a 2-0 lead against the Yankees before Freddy Garcia could record an out, and with an ineffective Garcia unable to go more than 1 2/3 innings — the Yankees’ shortest outing by a starter this season — the tone was set early on for another Yankee [...]
The Red Sox prolonged the Yankees’ misery with a 7-5 victory Sunday night, marking the first three-game sweep by an opponent in New Yankee Stadium history, and sending the reeling Yanks to their fifth straight loss.
This one actually started out in rather shocking fashion, with the Yankees getting to Jon Lester [...]
In the wake of Boston extending Clay Buchholz, I couldn’t help but think about the healthy number of young, good-to-excellent starting pitchers across baseball that have seen their teams jump to extend them prior to hitting free agency these last few years, and that the Yankees have remained noticeably absent from this practice.
It seems like the Yankees have to make the trek up to Fenway Park in April every season, and indeed, the Bombers have had a tilt at Fenway in April during six of the last eight years. This is rather unfortunate, as for whatever reason they have a tendency to play some of their worst [...]
I’ve been trying my best to paint a rosy picture around the Yankees’ recent struggles, but even I’m finding my patience getting a bit tested, following the Yankees’ 7-3 loss to Boston, their fourth straight at home. Not that I expected the Yankees to actually beat Jon Lester, [...]
This game was decided early. Phil Hughes was inefficient in the early innings, and was lucky to keep the Red Sox to only 2 runs on what seemed like 60 pitches in the opening frames. Jon Lester meanwhile kept the Yankees from recording their first hit until the 5th inning. The Yankee [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees