Although it’s not reporting the terms of the offer, ESPN.com is reporting that the Tigers have made an offer to Johnny Damon. In the same article it is also reported that the Atlanta Braves remain interested in Damon, but no further details are provided so the latter may only be speculation.
Yankee fans [...]
In a piece written for Fantasy Baseball purposes, Troy Patterson compares former Yankee, Johnny Damon, to his “replacement,” to new Yankee, Curtis Granderson, and finds that while Damon might have had better overall numbers in his peak years, the two are currently similar – he calls them “clones” – in terms [...]
Former Yankees Chien-Ming Wang and Johnny Damon have been making contract news lately, but in different directions. Damon is still unemployed, and while it’s rumored that the Braves have sent him an offer and that he’s been coveting the Tigers, it is also said that he continues to hold out [...]
On the heels of Tyler Kepner reporting yesterday that Johnny Damon is looking at signing a 1 year 4 million dollar deal. . check that, Kepner also states that 2 mil of the 4 mil is deferred. . no, wait. Now it’s actually less than 4 mil according to MLB.com’s [...]
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Braves’ interest in Johnny Damon has increased in recent days, to the point where the club has sent the 36-year old outfielder a one-year offer. Further confirming this is Mark Bowman, who notes that the proposal includes some deferred money. The organization has [...]
Recently, ESPN’s Jim Caple penned a fairly questionable piece in which he labeled the run the “most neglected, underrated stat in baseball.” Caple’s argument was, essentially, that runs are the most important factor in actual games and that all other stats basically “reveal how well a player performs in areas that ultimately produce [...]
Today over at River Ave. Blues, Joe Pawlikowski wrote a piece on replacing a player’s production and I’d like to trumpet a point Joe made regarding Johnny Damon:
In the outfield, Curtis Granderson replaces Johnny Damon.
I’m going to repeat this in bold, just so it can come through more clearly: In the outfield, [...]
Though Johnny Damon’s agent, Scott Boras, has done his best to spur the Detroit Tigers’ interest in his 36-year old client – GM Dave Dombrowski actually seems somewhat intrigued by the outfielder – according to the Detroit News, the two parties have not had any discussions about Damon’s interest in playing for [...]
Yesterday, the lovable Scott Boras took to the media in order to try and find his client, the 36-year old outfielder, Johnny Damon, a well furnished home. Speaking to Lynn Henning of the Detroit News, Boras connected Damon to the Tigers, who could presumably use a reliable left fielder. “Johnny believes the addition [...]
Just a few days ago, January 29th, our own Moshe Mandel pulled a Fire Joe Morgan on Mike Lupica due to Lupica’s hypocrisy regarding the Yankees and their spending. Well, Lupica threw out another silly piece on Sunday the 31st. The title? “New York Yankees and…Johnny Damon still have time to make a deal.” [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees