Despite the hopes of many Yankee fans, there was no surprise huge bid for Yu Darvish from the Yankee brass. Instead, to the devastation of the Blue Jay faithful (and the cult of personality surrounding GM Alex Anthopoulos) the 25 year-old ace will be swaggering on down to Texas, assuming the Rangers can [...]
As I write this (8:40 PM on Wednesday night) it looks very unlikely that the Yankees are going to get Yu Darvish. We’ve also heard relatively little on the trade front except that the prices of two Yankee target–John Danks and Gio Gonzalez–are exorbitant. The White Sox [...]
The title says it all, folks. I’m going to list a few trade target pitchers and in the comments, I want you to tell us what your best offer would be.
Pros: Lefty; decent strikeout/control numbers; affordable; short term commitment.
Cons: So-so ground ball numbers; free agent after [...]
Granted it’s just one day into the Winter Meetings, but things are still going slowly in the Hot Stove Season…at least for the Yankees. The last few days have had some excitement, like Jose Reyes signing with the Marlins and news of C.J. Wilson getting a six year offer [...]
It’s a cliche to say that actions speak louder than words, but cliches have to come from somewhere. And, like it or not, they do have at least a kernel of truth to them. Yesterday, we saw one of those kernels get popped.
We’ve heard Brian Cashman say that C.J. Wilson is [...]
File this under irresponsible rumor mongering if you’d like, but both of this guy was a topic of trade discussion in the TYA world yesterday. The former came about after @J_Yankees asked who would hang up first, the Yanks or White Sox, in a theoretical Nick Swisher for
Following the CC Sabathia contract drama, the second-most important issue facing the Yankees this offseason is whether they decide to pursue one of the big-ticket free agent starting pitchers, and if so, which one.
With his rotation spot possibly in jeopardy, Phil Hughes reminded everyone why it’s foolish to give up on talented young pitchers when they hit the inevitable rocky patch, hurling six dominant innings of shutout ball (and only needing 65 pitches to do it) on his way to what looked to be an [...]
Yesterday we began our look at whether certain members of the White Sox’s formidable starting rotation might be available if Chicago continues to flail about and determined that unfortunately for the Yankees, there’s really no trade scenario that would make sense for the White Sox in the case of dealing either lefty ace
Feels like it’s been a while since we’ve seen a good old-fashioned 2004-2007 Yankees-style 12-9 slugfest, eh?
This may have been one of the craziest games of the year. Not only did the Yankees jump out to 6-1 and 10-5 leads and in both instances neither lead ended up [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees