As we enter this weekend’s series against the amazing Mets tonight, there has been nothing more amazing than Johan Santana. One week from today, the 33 year old southpaw pitched the Met’s first no-hitter of the team’s 51 year history, 8,019 games of what if’s as they watched Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, [...]
As soon as the Super Bowl ended, it was unofficially baseball season. Now that pitchers and catchers have reported, and we’re that much closer to full squads reporting, it’s essentially baseball season. We have the formalities of Spring Training to through, of course, but as soon as the first pitcher or player steps foot in [...]
Yesterday Rob Abruzzese of Bronx Baseball Daily wrote a post pondering whether the Yankees and Mets lined up at all with regards to a potential Johan Santana trade. Mind you, this was pure speculation on Rob’s part — no one in the media has reported anything about this hypothetical, and on the [...]
Word came this past Friday that the Yankees are apparently interested in the services of Bartolo Colon, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since quitting on the White Sox in 2009 and who missed all of 2010.
Apparently Colon has [...]
Mark Teixeira hit his first grand slam as a New York Yankee en route to a 4-0 win over the Mets, as the 2010 Subway Series ended in a draw for the sixth time. The Yankees’ win combined with another Tampa Bay loss gave the Yankees sole possession [...]
The Yankees concluded a horrendous seven days of baseball by losing to the inferior Mets 6-4 in the ESPN Sunday Night Heartbreaker Marathon game. As has been par for the course this week, the Yanks once again strung together a late rally but couldn’t claw all [...]
Back in the off season of 07-08, there was one story that dominated all others. One of the best pitchers in Baseball, Johan Santana, was on the trade block. Given Johan’s high salary demands and the prospect of an enormous extension being part of the deal, the universe of potential suitors was relatively small. [...]
Old friend Bill Madden’s just been a fount of potential blogging topics of late, it would seem. In today’s Daily News, Madden suggests that should extension talks between Joe Mauer and the Twinkies fall apart, the Yankees would be the likely frontrunners to land Joe Power via trade due [...]
Although there’s far less urgency this time around than two years ago with the Johan Santana fiasco, the Daily News is speculating that Roy Halladay could be on the trading block this winter, with — surprise, surprise — both the Yankees and Red Sox as primary suitors.
While this [...]
From Jon Heyman (SI):
AL Executive of the Year
1. Brian Cashman, Yankees: The big-money moves all worked (Teixeira, Sabathia and A.J. Burnett), and so did the small-money moves (Eric Hinske and Jerry Hairston)
Brian Cashman put together a winner this offseason. Sure, for the most part, his success was built upon the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees