Yankee fans were stewing after last night’s game-ending blown call at first base by Jerry Meals, and apparently the Yankee manager shared that sentiment. In case you missed it, you can watch video of the Yankee post game interview with the manager here, and get the reports of what transpired afterward in the manager’s [...]
Amidst all the 100th anniversary celebration of Fenway park yesterday, a significant bit of Yankee news appears to have been overlooked around the blogosphere. In his Friday column, Joel Sherman said in no uncertain terms that the Yanks don’t plan on bringing pending free agent Nick Swisher back after this season.This is the first time [...]
Joel Sherman wrote an interesting blog post about Jesus Montero yesterday that I thought was worthy of some dissection. There are some interesting points made, but I find myself disagreeing with the conclusion overall.
Sherman begins by referring to recent reports from scouts who have seen Montero catch in spring training, and have been [...]
In Jon Heyman’s latest column, he basically reiterates what we’ve been hearing for the last few weeks with regards to Andy Pettitte. Still no official word, but given that Andy’s been working out, he has his family’s blessing and — unless you’re Gil Meche [...]
Let me be the first to advise certain Yankee fans to take a step back from the ledge. Everything’s going to be alright. Between Boston trading for Adrian Gonzalez and signing [...]
Odd thing happened yesterday. I was reading Joel’s latest article on AJ Burnett and something struck me as very familiar.
On Tuesday, September 28 I posted this:
By contrast, Cervelli has been AJ Burnett’s personal catcher, logging 23 of his 33 starts behind the dish. When Burnett is on the mound, [...]
A recent piece in Joel Sherman’s Hardball blog gives me a good jumping off point to discuss the Yankee catching situation in light of the recent 4 steal 9th inning. Joel is frustrating as a writer because his reporting can be so good, and his analysis ranges from thoughtful and insightful to [...]
On the heels of the Yankee recent offensive troubles, many fans and some sportswriters have painted this recent slump as a sign of something larger more fundamentally wrong with the Yankee team. Age, injury and bad off season decisions have conspired to hamper the team that won the World Series last year. Our own EJ [...]
On the heels of yesterday’s win with Ramiro Pena, Joba Chamberlain and Francisco Cervelli making key contributions, it’s timely to note just how well Yankee farm products have been performing both here and elsewhere. In his latest Hardball blog piece, Joel Sherman does just that. He writes:
Consider, for [...]
The good and bad Joel Sherman made another appearance this week, where he penned a thoughtful and well reasoned column (unlike this one) on competitive balance and the state of the game and then followed it up with some of the wildest, weirdest remedies imaginable. Then closes with something really insightful and worthwhile. Par [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees