Dodgers manager Joe Torre weighed in yesterday on facing the Yanks and managing against many players who once called him their Manager. Here’s what he said-
“It’s going to be weird for me, just the fact that I’m going to be pulling against guys I’ve never pulled against before,” [...]
To me, Sheets’ most telling comment Friday concerned his willingness to pitch through the 2008 stretch drive despite knowing that his arm, as they say, was falling off.
Asked if he thought the Brewers would have handled him differently in [...]
The MLB has released team schedules today and, after a quick once over, it looks like the Yankees will have quite the 2010 season. While the year will begin and end with play in Boston—let’s hope that we win this year and can rub it in their faces at Fenway—one of the stories that [...]
With the the Dodgers in town, Joe Torre was asked for his take on the new Yankee Stadium and what he thought of it. He says he hasn’t thought about it, and has no desire to do so. Here’s the story:
From The Star-Ledger:
Damon credits the comfort level to manager Joe Girardi, who has allowed family around the team. “It was the rules before,” he said. “You couldn’t bring the kids to the ballpark — it just wasn’t a fun, conducive place to come to. I love Girardi being all about family.
“The rules [...]
The Daily News has the story, Joe Torre and his LA Dodgers are slated for a series in the Yankee stadium next year. They report:
Joe Torre appears headed toward a Bronx homecoming in 2010.
Though next season’s schedule won’t be official for several weeks, an industry source told The Post yesterday that the [...]
Via Ken Davidoff:
Ray Negron may lack the name value of an Alex Rodriguez or a Joe Torre, but he has stories that would sell. For the better part of the last 36 years – the period that George Steinbrenner has owned the Yankees, in other words – Negron has been behind the scenes [...]
I know this is a hot button type issue, and I did not want to start a major debate on this, but I did want to point out Joe’s comments.
From the LA Times:
Ventura, Calif., Viewer: Billy Bean, after he retired, he announced he was gay. Do you foresee a time in the [...]
Earlier, Derek Jeter spoke to SI about the Torre-A-Rod situation:
“I’m just curious as to why people keep asking the same questions over and over. We’ve been down this road before. Alex is a teammate. I support him. Our whole team is behind him. We all support him. And we’re looking forward to a [...]
Joe Torre was on with Mike Francesa this afternoon, and the master media manipulator did a nice job of defusing the hoopla over his tell-all tome. You can find the interview here, and I just wanted to run through the major points that he made.
1) Joe said that he was surprised by the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees