On this date in 2003, Josh Beckett pitched a complete game shutout to lead the Marlins to a 2-0 victory and a World Series championship against the Yankees. What many Yankees fans remember most vividly about that series was a decision made by Joe Torre in Game 4. In an article about [...]
With Scott Proctor back on the Yankees’ roster, I’ve been looking back at the way the club used relievers at the end of the Joe Torre era. Torre had a reputation for burning through his best arms, leaning on any decent reliever he could find for as long as the player was reasonably effective and [...]
It looks like the Yankees and Joe Torre have finally buried the hatchet (via Bryan Hoch):
Though the relationship between Torre and the Yankees seemed frosty at first, especially after Torre and co-author Tom Verducci collaborated on a book, “The Yankee Years,” the thawing process began last year when Torre attended the [...]
With all the hoopla circulating around the state of the Yankees’ 2011 relief core, I couldn’t help but reminisce about bullpen management of years past. Specifically, “WWJD?” No, I’m not referring to the preferences of a long-bearded, destined-to-suffer-for-all-mankind-and-savior-of-some Jesus; I’m talking about former Yankee skipper Joe Torre.
As we are [...]
Here’s the scenario. Girardi gets a knock-out offer from the Cubs. One that the Yanks could match, but choose to pass on. Girardi, despite his loyalty to the Yanks, feels the tug of going home and is enticed by the opportunity to bring the Windy City it’s first World Series championship in [...]
Watching the Steinbrenner memorial ceremonies last night, it was hard to tell who got the bigger ovation from the crowd, Torre or Mattingly. Both were fan favorites, and the music was so loud that it was difficult to parse out one ovation over the other. Suffice to say both were welcomed back [...]
I’m not embarrassed to admit that I had thrown the towel in on this game once the Yankees fell behind 5-0. Prior to last night the biggest deficit the team had overcome was three runs. In fact, I even started drafting my game recap while the game was still underway, [...]
Yankee fans have long had issues with Joe Torre’s bullpen management. Not trusting anyone other than his Closer, using his primary set up guys in games where he has a big lead. It’s as if he has no concept of leverage, or he manages scared. Maybe a little of both. Last night [...]
On the heels of all the news reports about the Yanks’ reunion (of sorts) with Joe Torre, I wanted to make an attempt to put Torre’s bitter divorce in some context. While the Torre situation certainly seemed unique at the time, the fact of the matter is that many great Yankee players [...]
Despite a long and storied history between the New York Yankees (45-27, 1st in AL East) and Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers (39-33, 3rd in NL West, 3 GB), the two teams really haven’t had much interaction since I started paying attention to baseball in the late ’80s. They last met [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees