[image title="joe-girardi3-540x359" size="full" id="24586" align="center" linkto="full" ]Last week, I wrote that the Yankees should use Rafael Soriano as a fireman, not as an 8th inning guy. Over at River Ave Blues, Ben Kabak wrote a post agreeing with me. Now, Stephen Rhoads, our former TYUer-turned-RABer offered a different reply. He argues that [...]
On last night’s Yankee Hot Stove on the Yes Network, Brian Cashman was asked about Derek Jeter’s value to the club when not between the lines, and the phrase quoted in the title was his response. The off-field value question is at the crux of the Jeter contract situation, as Derek clearly is [...]
Forgive the horrific pun in the title, sometimes a guy can’t help himself. There are a lot of whispers swirling around as to why exactly Dave Eiland ended up losing his job as Yankee pitching coach. Some argue that the performance of the Yankee pitching staff this season, particularly Javy Vazquez and AJ Burnett, is [...]
Chad Jennings over at LoHud recaps some of the decisions that did and didn’t work for the Yankee manager this season. I’ll go through them individually, with comments of my own. Here goes:
Three decisions that worked
Taking the fifth: Robinson Cano and Phil Hughes
Agree. It was time to challenge [...]
It’s official — the Yankees have resigned Joe Girardi to a three year, $9 million pact. A $450-$500k incentive has also been baked into the agreement dependent upon postseason success. In other words, the rumors during the past few days have been fairly close to reality. In terms of [...]
Joel Sherman has the scoop on the widely expected move:
The Yankees and Joe Girardi are closing in on a three-year contract that will pay him somewhere between $9 million and $10 million, The Post has learned.
Girardi would receive a bump from a contract that expires Saturday that was paying him $7.5 million [...]
Apologies for not being further out in front of all of the news that broke today, but our friends at RAB have already done yeomen’s work in covering everything that came out of the end-of-season press conference held by Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi at the Stadium today, so [...]
Much of the post-ALCS buzz has centered around Joe Girardi. He is taking criticism from all corners about his managing during the ALCS, as many have placed a large portion of the blame for the 6 game loss to the Rangers on his shoulders. While much of the complaining is driven by hindsight, some of [...]
Jon Heyman has the scoop:
The Yankees plan to bring back manager Joe Girardi at a raise, no matter what some fans may say about his reliance on his ever-present binder. He is well-liked by Yankees honchos Hal Steinbrenner, Randy Levine and Brian Cashman.
I really do not have much to add, as I [...]
Ed Price checks in with an interesting tidbit after speaking to CC Sabathia:
CC Sabathia says he is available in relief tomorrow for #Yankees. “I can probably throw 45 pitches, 50.”
While I hope that the need for CC does not present itself and that Phil Hughes can hand a lead directly to the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees