While I was eating a leftover lunch yesterday, MLB Network was airing the highlights of the 2009 World Series. Mariano Rivera was talking and a depressing thought that I’d rather ignore dawned on me: at this time next year, it’s possible (probable) that Mo will have announced his retirement (hopefully after [...]
On Thursday, we were excited because it was Jesus Jueves. He didn’t get any hits that night, but Jesus Montero didn’t look overmatched and even got on base with an HBP. He also scored the game winning run on Russell Martin‘s double to the right-center field gap in Fenway Park [...]
With the news that the Rockies would consider moving Ubaldo Jimenez and that their opening asking price for the Yankees were the team’s top three prospects — Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances, along with young starter Ivan Nova — I’ve had [...]
Since getting swept by Boston earlier this month, NY has come back with a vengeance and the National League has had to deal with it — they’ve won their last six series and have gone 14-4 in the process. It’s no wonder they lead the American League with a 46-31 record and trail only [...]
The acrimony over the Hector Noesi situation (I can’t believe I just typed that) has reached its peak lately. In case you haven’t been following the insanity, the argument goes something like this: Hector Noesi is being handled poorly. Instead of being allowed to develop on the major league team, he’s rotting [...]
Unquestionably, the loss of Joba Chamberlain to Tommy John Surgery is a huge blow to the Yankee’s chances of winning the World Series this year. The loss of Chamberlain makes the Yankee bullpen much thinner (pun sort of intended), putting additional pressure on David Robertson (to keep pitching well under what will certainly be heavy [...]
I’m a very big Joba Chamberlain fan. I have been since my Internet buddy Mike Rogers alerted me to Joba’s dismantling of the Hawaiian Winter League in 2006. After that, I–like all of you–followed his 2007 intently. I was elated when he got called up. I was thrilled when he [...]
A rumor that TYA became aware of earlier in the day today unfortunately turned out to be true, as Joba Chamberlain has a ligament tear in his elbow, and it may require Tommy John surgery. If so, we won’t be seeing Joba for at least a year.
I won’t sugarcoat [...]
With news coming down yesterday that Joba Chamberlain was ticketed for the 15-day disabled list with an elbow issue, I couldn’t help but think the worst. I’m optimistic that he won’t miss extended time and I’m hoping Rafael Soriano will be back when he’s supposed to, but my hopes mean nothing. [...]
Before I start this article on relievers, let’s put our focus (again) on David Robertson, but this time for a different reason. As you all know, David hails from Alabama, one of the many regions in the country that’s been ravaged by tornadoes in the last month or so. If you didn’t know, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees