Nick Swisher will be manning right field this evening for the first time in what seems like a lifetime (likely due to the lifetime’s worth of errors and miscues by made by Raul Ibanez and Eduardo Nunez in the outfield) – weather permitting, of course. Andy Pettitte will toe the rubber against the [...]
April twenty-fifth, twenty twelve is no doubt a date which shall live in infamy within the Yankees Universe. Early that afternoon, news broke that Michael Pineda had suffered a labrum tear and would miss the rest of the season. The situation could have been worse – rotator cuff damage has effectively ended careers and [...]
The Yankees made their way over to the Miami Marlin’s ballpark this afternoon, but not before a mandatory workout in Tampa. After Joba Chamberlain’s negligent injury last week, the team’s coaching staff felt it was important to speak to all players about the perils of trampoline jumping. Mick Kelleher was quoted saying, “Jumping on trampolines [...]
The Joba Chamberlain ankle injury saga has been an interesting case study for how the media tend to respond to serious injuries (I’m going to ignore the excessive media moralizing about how trampolines are deathtraps, and therefore going on one is incredibly irresponsible). The immediate reaction was that Joba’s injury was quite possibly [...]
Aside from being ridiculously painful, Joba Chamberlain‘s injury obviously pushes back is return from Tommy John Surgery. Before this, there was the sense that anything the Yankees got out of Chamberlain in 2012 would’ve been fantastic; that sense is even more heightened now. And regardless of the semi-forgiving title of this post, there [...]
Another Friday, another big breaking story in Yankeeland, although this one is not nearly as positive or exciting as Andy’s return last week.
I hate to say it, but Mariano Rivera is probably going to retire after the 2012 season. No, he hasn’t said as much and the 42-year-old future Hall of Famer has more lives than your average middle reliever. But the always quiet, humble, politically correct Rivera has been dropping hint after hint for the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees