There’s big news in the land of Yankee catchers. Let’s start with the small stuff…
With September 1, the date that major league rosters expand, rapidly approaching, Jesus Montero seems to have turned up the heat in an effort to make it to the bigs. In the last week, Montero made the BA hot sheet , checking in at #4 with a .364/.391/.1000 effort, plus four big home runs (he [...]
To say that 2011 has been a roller coaster for Jorge Posada would be an understatement and an overstatement a the same time. He started off hot, then cooled considerably, then got really hot again, then did poorly again. Sure, we’ve been through a good amount of up-and-down with Posada this season, but [...]
Gary Sanchez has often been compared to Jesus Montero, and with good reason. Both are power-hitting catching prospects with defensive questions and occasional attitude problems. Both players have also raised the level of their games over the summer after a slow (by their standards) start to the season had prospectors worrying [...]
Yesterday, we heard that the Yankees are going to move left handed pitching prospect Manny Banuelos to AAA Scranton. I know that many of us, including friend of the blog Tyler Wilkinson are dubbing today “Montero Monday” in honor of Jesus Montero, whom many of us assume will be called up today (or [...]
The trade deadline is ever approaching and the rumors are swirling harder and harder. We heard yesterday that the Yankees are intensifying their pursuit of Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda and, of course, they’re still in on Rockies’ right hander Ubaldo Jimenez. So, I think this is a good time for [...]
Lots of digital ink has been spilled discussing the Yankees’ handling of Jesus Montero over the past few weeks, with many reasonable people coming to different conclusions about when the 21 year-old catcher should be promoted to the bigs. A number of people (myself included) were unsatisfied with Montero’s offensive line at AAA (OPS’ing in [...]
That seems to conflict with what Jayson Stark wrote earlier, when he said that the Rockies still want “three sure-thing young players, including [...]
Let’s get nuts.
Apparently the Rays are thinking about dealing right handed pitcher James Shields. Ken Rosenthal, however, says that an offseason deal is more likely. Let’s first assume that Shields will be available and that, even though we haven’t heard anything, the Yankees are interested. Honestly, why wouldn’t they be? Shields [...]
With the news that the Rockies would consider moving Ubaldo Jimenez and that their opening asking price for the Yankees were the team’s top three prospects — Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances, along with young starter Ivan Nova — I’ve had [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees