BP’s Mike Fast has done some truly ground breaking research on the impact pitch framing skills can have on a ballclub’s ability to suppress runs. Mo addressed this in a previous post (check out his graphics) but I wanted to come at it from a different angle, namely the pending decisions on what to [...]
With the Yankees inching ever closer to clinching a playoff spot, the attention of fans will soon turn to the makeup of the postseason roster. This was my first take on the roster:
As a blogger, I have to spill a lot of internet ink almost every day. Most of the time I write, I’m writing in retrospect; I’m analyzing some situation that’s already happened or some numbers that are indicative of past events. Naturally, a lot of predictions flow from this. If I notice a certain trend, [...]
We don’t know what Francisco Cervelli’s health is like right now. Concussions are highly unpredictable. That said, I hope that Cervelli chooses to sit out the remainder of the season. After four concussions, he will at some point be risking permanent damage with any quick return. No matter how severe or minor his concussion, there [...]
How come the Yankees couldn’t get this Weaver during that fateful trade nine years ago?
Jered Weaver was masterful in this one, going eight strong innings, striking out 11 men and yielding only three hits and one run. Though he didn’t get the win, the Angels were able to Angel their way to [...]
On Thursday, we were excited because it was Jesus Jueves. He didn’t get any hits that night, but Jesus Montero didn’t look overmatched and even got on base with an HBP. He also scored the game winning run on Russell Martin‘s double to the right-center field gap in Fenway Park [...]
On an afternoon when neither starting pitcher seemed to have any interest in going deep, Jesus Montero certainly did, connecting for his first career home run in the fifth — a tie-breaking shot to right field that would also end up being the difference in the game — and a two-run shot in [...]
Jesus Montero collected his first major league hit today, on a liner just past the shortstop off a Ricky Romero breaking ball. Considering he was facing another tough starter in Romero (after making his debut against Jon Lester), it was impressive to see Montero handle look comfortable against [...]
In perhaps the least expected turn of events in recent Yankee history, A.J. Burnett managed to turn in a respectable performance against the best non-Yankee offense in Major League Baseball — allowing less than three earned runs in a start for the first time since June 29 against the Brewers — as the [...]
Jesus Montero, the prospect we’ve all been salivating over for years now, finally makes his major league debut tonight. It’s easy to scoff at and write off as extremely nerdy exuberance, but I think the excitement level has reached 9am Christmas morning for many of us around here. Of course it is extremely nerdy exuberance. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees