I’ve argued for a while that the Yankees are not going to make a big move this offseason and that the team doesn’t need to. My argument has been that there is no equivalent to CC Sabathia or Cliff Lee available this winter and the Yankees are currently good enough [...]
Good Monday morning, TYA readers! If you’re a Jets or Giants fan, I assume you’re still trying to wash the taste of yesterday out of your mouth. To help, here’s some frivolity, projecting how many runs the Yankees could score in 2012. We’ll be using the Lineup Analysis tool from Baseball [...]
On Sunday I wrote a post arguing that the Yankees have a complete, competitive team ready to go right now, with ample slack in the farm system. The point of the post was to draw attention to the fact that the Yankees don’t have to make a move. They’re currently competitive. My colleague here [...]
Brian Cashman had things to say, so I’ll say things about the things he said.
The Yankees were aware that Jonathan Sanchez was on the trade block, but Cashman said the team did not have discussions about acquiring him. The Giants traded Sanchez to the Royals for [...]
In Friday’s post I hypothesized that the Yankees will land neither C.J. Wilson nor Yu Darvish this offseason. The Yankees are likely to pass on both players because they represent high cost, with little guaranteed reward. Wilson is a good but not great pitcher who risks locking the Yankees into [...]
One thing I’ve learned over the past several seasons is not to make bold predictions about what the Yankees will do during the offseason. I’ve been surprised almost every year.
C.C. Sabathia has re-signed. That’s awesome, and gives the Yankees some certainty heading into the free agent period. We’ve discussed at length here quite a bit about those free agent options – Yu Darvish and C.J. Wilson on the high end, Mark Buerhle and Freddy Garcia on the low end. While I find things attractive [...]
Lineup construction is something that we’ll never tire of arguing over. We didn’t stop arguing about it even into the playoffs. So, I figured I’d get the ball rolling and get us thinking about 2012′s lineup and what it could look like. For the sake of this post, we’ll assume that
I was quietly apprehensive when Jesus Montero made his late season professional debut with the Yankees in 2011. Yankee fans everywhere know the hype that surrounds Montero’s bat, but the Yankee organization itself hadn’t shown much faith in its top prospect. Montero had failed to break spring training with the team, and the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees