A couple of days ago I decided to put my thoughts regarding the Michael Pineda for Jesus Montero deal down on paper and I got a lot of excellent feedback in the comment section. Originally I had no intention to do a follow-up post but an interesting exchange with a commenter, MJ Recanati, left [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
While the Yankees’ shoddy track record of developing young pitching is well-documented, taking a look through the recent history books also shows that they’re not exactly churning out Silver Slugger Award winners at the plate either. The last Yankee position [...]
In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that this post will be entirely about the Michael Pineda for Jesus Montero deal that was completed less than a week ago. I know, like the rest of you know, that this has been analyzed to death. Yet I believe the consensus Yankee-land, and [...]
Setting aside what it says about me and my priorities, I will never forget where I was during certain key moments in Yankees’ hot stove history. I was at work not working when I logged onto ESPN and discovered the Yankees had traded for Alex Rodriguez. I was in an airport [...]
With the recent acquisitions of Michael Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda, the Yankees have gone from having not enough starting pitchers to having one too many starting pitchers. Now that Pineda and Kuroda will slot into the second and third starting spots, with Ivan Nova going fourth, one [...]
I guess I should react to the trade now, huh? When I first heard that the Yankees had traded Jesus Montero to the Mariners for Michael Pineda, my first reaction was to scream a word that is not appropriate for a family blog such as this one. But, the [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
It’s easy to forget that Jesus Montero is still technically a prospect. He’s likely to land a top-5 spot on Baseball America’s top prospect lists for the third straight year, and will no doubt be everyone’s early favorite for the AL Rookie of the Year. We all watched him hit a pretty special .328/.406/.580 in [...]
Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
I’ve had my disagreements with John Sickels in the past, mostly over how he judges some prospects, but I’ve always had a lot of respect for his rankings. I love that he’s a tough grader: his grades seem pretty evenly spread across a normal bell curve, where most legitimate MLB prospects are in the C- [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees