Yesterday, Steve posted his thoughts on the Yankee first half, so I thought I’d follow suit.
In general, the team has done very well. They’ve got the best record in baseball as of now and this comes despite some injuries and general inconsistency. Despite injuries to their Opening Day DH, Nick Johnson, and CF, [...]
Now that the Yankees are more than halfway through their schedule it is a good time to take a look at what has worked and what hasn’t. This much is irrefutable: the team is good. The Yankees have the best record in baseball, and only Tampa Bay has outscored its opponents more. But [...]
The Yankees dispatched the A’s 3-1 last night in a brisk pitcher’s duel, due largely to Javier Vazquez surrendering only one run over seven innings. Vazquez labored a bit, and was also bailed out by a handful of fantastic defensive plays — Alex Rodriguez‘s diving stop and [...]
To borrow a phrase from Larry, the thinkable happened. The Yankees lost back-to-back games against Cliff Lee and Felix Hernandez. The only thing that may have been unthinkable heading into this series was just how badly the Yankees would lose. I would have penciled Lee and King Felix in for 7.2 innings [...]
I turned this one off in the 4th and hit the sack after Javier Vazquez gave up the lead as a result of yet another Adam LaRoche RBI base hit (speaking of which, I am totally on board with NoMaas’ plot to bring LaRoche to New York. [...]
After starting the year off horribly, Javier Vazquez seems to have righted the proverbial ship. Four of his last five starts have been absolutely great and in those five starts, he’s put up this line:
32.2 IP, 19 H, 10 ER, 12 BB, 31 K, 3 HR, 2.81 ERA, 0.9627 WHIP, 2.58 K/BB.
Remember everything I said about the Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching before the series started? Well, it was even better than advertised. Over the first 30 innings of the three-game set between the Yanks and Jays, Toronto allowed the Yankees just three runs. That’s a 0.90 ERA.
Brandon Morrow [...]
The Yankees beat Baltimore 3-1 behind seven innings (including seven strikeouts) of one-run ball by the ever-enigmatic Javier Vazquez. Granted, Vazquez took care of business against the team with the second-lowest wOBA in the American League, but a quality start’s still a quality start.
The Yankees only scored [...]
Is this what it looks like when a pitcher tries to pitch hurt? There are five things about Javier Vazquez that make me nervous.
1. Loss of command
Courtesy of Fangraphs, we see the following:
In his 13 year career, Javier Vazquez has averaged 2.38 walks per nine innings. Prior to this year, his [...]
The Yankees dropped the final game of three to the Twins 8-2 in what can only be characterized as a poor effort all around. Javier Vazquez was terrible, allowing five runs in 5 2/3 innings. To their (slight) credit, the slumbering Yankee offense shrunk the gap to only two [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees